Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

so i wana drift right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Almost A Senior Member
Default RE: so i wana drift right?

ORIGINAL: j_man_honda

Is there any way to adjust your e-brake where it will halt the car faster, or any aftermarket part that will stiffen it up? I have a 98 eclipse (everyday driver)and i'm interested in drifting also.
Get a big brake kit that comes with an upgrade for the E-brake. Some companies also make E-brake extensions for you handle inside the car to get a little bit more "tug" on the handle.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:04 AM

Hey j_man_honda, you could do what otsb708 said, but if you don't want to spend any money, you can just adjust the e-brake cable to make it clamp down on the brakes a lot harder. I don't know if it is like worse for your car or whatever, but I tightened my BMW's e-brake cable, and now it is like ultra sensitive and locks the tires every time. On the Beemer, it was just like a simple screw adjustment, so you can try that if you want.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: live2rice

i'm sorry, but FWD drifting still...............its just e-braking it isnt exactly drifting, your never going to get the length out of a FWD than a RWD.

and find me one car on the D1 circuit that is FWD

240sx-$500
SR20DET-$2000
actually drifting-priceless

you can even drift with a stock 240 if you use crappy enough tires
I agree. Real drifting requires you to be in a turn with your tires spinning making a lot of smoke (that is something they get points for from what I understand) You cannot do it in a fwd car. You will just be e-braking. As soon as your front tires start to spin (if you can even get them to) your back end will come right back out of the drift.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

We *could* start a big argument about whether or not you can drift a FF car, but that would be no fun. So Ill put it to you like this. You can make the tail slide in a FF, and no, it wont look as flashy as a FR or MR vehicle, and you wont be able to do linked drifts unless you are a REALLY talented driver with a great setup, but you can still drift it some. Im not saying that you should ever try to compete with a FF, but if its something you want to do for fun once in a while (in a safe manner, of course), then it can still be done.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/10115/

If hazer89 wants to go out and have fun with his car, who am I to tell him he cant try to drift simply because his drive wheels arent in the rear? Have a blast with it, dude.

Bottom line: You can *drift* a FF somewhat. But if you are trying to do some actual, honest to God, drift racing, the physics are stacked against you.

Old 05-08-2007, 07:19 PM

I can agree with that

Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

I can agree with that
Thanks lol. I didnt want to incite a riot about drifting or anything. Just wanted to get that alternate point of view out there.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:30 PM

me too thanx all

Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 PM

youd probably want to do other things to stiffen your suspension too swar bars strut bars and such

Old 05-08-2007, 10:27 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

If you could get your rear tires to lose their grip it would help considerably ecspecially if you could get your front tires to spin. Drifting really is a loose term, because some competitions have event based on certain things, while others include everything.

You could drift if you go on a huge frozen ice parking lot and have studded snow tires in the front, and slicks or w/e tires in the back, or you could keep all your tires on know and give them a good dousing of silicone spray on the rears. You'd probably have to do it alot.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Or you could just keep a set of old, worn out tires with virtually no tread left (that is, if you have a spare set of wheels you could swap out.) I would imagine you would need some tires that wouldn't get good grip so you could get the front wheels spinning & the back end to lose traction and keep sliding.
Or you could hose down (maybe you would need sprinklers)whatever track you are planning to use or do it when it's raining outside.

Quick Reply: so i wana drift right?