Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

spring question... pls help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Default spring question... pls help

so i got some springs put on my car yesterday, its cool or whatever but now the back looks lower than the front major

did they get installed wrong... is it possible that they might have put the front springs on the rear and the rear springs on the front?> or will the front only fit the front??? i hope that makes sense...thanks all

Old 10-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Default RE: spring question... pls help

it should take around 2 weeks for everything to settle and it should even out by then.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:42 PM

yeah, it takes time for the springs to "break in" or level out. if it doesnt look even in a couple weeks, then there may be a problem.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM

i see... ok ill give it a few weeks... one more question though... the back isnt going to go up right... it will just get lower... coz its pretty low on the back... i dont like it... scrapes on bumps... ... and bugs me that the back is lower than the front... no hot rod look

Old 10-02-2007, 02:30 PM

I would look at the springs and get the part number off of one on the front and off of one on the rear and call the company that makes them to verify that they were installed properly and are the right springs. Are they adjustable coilovers or just springs? Also, if they were installed backwards (reversed front/rear) then the rear would be higher and the front much lower, front springs have to carry the additional weight of the engine so they are stronger/stiffer. They can't be reversed based on what you are saying. My guess would be that they are the wrong part or they are adjusted improperly.

What did you buy?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:37 PM

Tein S Tech Springs http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...61991&rd=1

that does make sense sir_nasty, i was looking at what i bought and it looks like mine are for a V6 not a 4 banger... this might be why im sitting higher, suddenly im so sad... installation was a PAIN!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:19 PM

to reduce the rubbing in the back, you should go over speed bumps and uneven road slowly.
I do it everytime.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 PM

That would do it, the V6 is a heavier motor so there is more weight transfer to the front so your rear springs don't need to be quite as hefty. Then when you install the rear springs they are compressing more due to the additional weight. it does look like you got the V6 springs so chances are you need to see if that company will swap you or something. Check your part numbers before you do anything. just search the number in google.

As for installation, trust me, the second time around is much easier.... I did the suspension on my civic and the first time I busted half my knuckles open, the second time took me like 45 minutes to do all 4....

Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No more stuck bolts or nuts.

Old 10-02-2007, 03:26 PM

ok i went to the tein site... and the part number for both the v6 and v4 are the same.... so im not exactly sure whats up now

Quick Reply: spring question... pls help