Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:33 PM
Default springs

if i just put good springs on my car for now until i can save up money to get shocks also. how bad would the ride be with aftermarket springs and stock shocks?

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Default RE: springs

depends on how low you go. I'd say anything lower than 1.50' than that's when you'll start to experience the bumpiness.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:07 AM

so if i went with a 1.5in drop i would be fine for a little bit and the ride wont be to to bad?

Old 10-15-2007, 12:38 PM
m0rbid2696
Unregistered

i've got my 07 coupe on sportlines with stock shocks. its roughly a 2" drop and occasionally it does get a bit bumpy but most of the time it's hardly noticeable... just so you know brakecheck is running a special right now on kyb shocks. buy 3 get 1 free.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

double labor. better to wait if it's not going to take too long to afford the dampers.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:30 PM
m0rbid2696
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: falkore24

double labor. better to wait if it's not going to take too long to afford the dampers.

yeah you have to consider that too.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:54 PM

i work at a ford dealership so my mechanics will do it for free or dirt cheap. but with a 1.5in drop i should be good and the ride wont be do bumpy?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:21 PM

The amount of drop has little to do with how bumpy your ride will be. The stiffness of the spring is what you need to be concerned with. Typically these are related since as you drop the car, you have less wheel clearance so you need stiffer springs. A progressive spring will offer more comfort than a linear, but then again, we do not know anything about the parts that you are looking at. This is a very subjective question and what I might think is ok, you may hate and vice versa. Personally, I strongly believe in doing a job completely and properly which means that if you want to lower your car, have the camber adjustment, springs and dampers in hand before you loosen a single bolt. Obviously, it is your car and you will do what you want, but I'd rather wait and collect parts before installing half of the job. ...... I guess at FORD, the mechanics are used to having the same cars in the shop for Fix Or Repair Daily maintenance, but I'd still be courteous and give them a single job to do rather than multiple installs of the same part. From my experience, it is best to minimize the favors that you ask people for.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:31 PM

oh i know. i pay them everytime i have them do anything on my car. there is a mechanic there that i go to that worked on hondas and has a honda and i have him do all my work. i had one guy fix my headlight and i paid him. i will pay no matter what.
well the springs that i was looking between are
1) Tein S. Tech lowering springs. 2' front and 1.7' back
2) Skunk 2 lowering springs. 2' front and back
3) Zenn lowering springs. (ive never heard of them but someone has mentioned them before) 2' front and back

What do you think is my best bet to go with. cuz i still want a semi soft ride, and not one were i will feel every bump in the road.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:10 PM

Definately Tein!!!!

Skunk 2 is a pretty hard spring and I've never heard of Zenn.

I have Tein SS and love them. I still wouldn't do half of the job though.

Quick Reply: springs