Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Suspension Complete

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 12:46 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Suspension Complete

Got it done w/ the great help of some local guys.

I love the way it looks minus the camber, so I will have to raise it up a bit. I am not driving it until I get an alignment Tuesday. It kept making some off popping/hitting noise when I drove over the bumps in the passenger rear.

Here are the before + afters.

Name:  DSCN2463.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  218.5 KB

Name:  DSCN2464.jpg
Size:  145.0 KB

Name:  DSCN2465.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  117.0 KB

aFTER

terrible camber!
Name:  DSCN2484.jpg
Size:  68.8 KB

Name:  DSCN2485.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  152.4 KB

Name:  DSCN2488.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  DSCN2486.jpg
Size:  122.4 KB

Old 04-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by 19Accord97
I love the way it looks minus the camber, so I will have to raise it up a bit. I am not driving it until I get an alignment Tuesday. It kept making some off popping/hitting noise when I drove over the bumps in the passenger rear.
You can drive it before you get the alignment, I drove mine for 2 weeks prior to settle the spring, you should drive it a bit before your alignment too, even though they're used, they need to settle again because the spring has been uncompressed for a while

Why raise it to fix the camber? That will go away with the alignment, both front and rear.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:06 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Originally Posted by finch13
You can drive it before you get the alignment, I drove mine for 2 weeks prior to settle the spring, you should drive it a bit before your alignment too, even though they're used, they need to settle again because the spring has been uncompressed for a while

Why raise it to fix the camber? That will go away with the alignment, both front and rear.
My tires would be destroyed. After I drove home the 11 miles my outside rear part of tire was cold and the inside was pretty freaking warm. /--\ = my camber.

I am raising it for driveability. I know I will get hung up on my speed bumps @ my college. They are tall but are only about 1.5 feet from the beginning of the base of it to the other side so my wheel will be over the speed bump before my rear wheel touches it.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:28 AM

Would not, there are plenty of people running -3º of camber, you're at about -1.5-2º. Tuesday isn't that far away either.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

No more 4x4.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Raised the front like 3 threads and didn't do anything. lol I couldn't adjust the rear b/c the car tires are still on the ground when my jack is maxed out. Hmmm.....

I have the front struts @ the 1 setting out of 4 and the rear is on 1 out of 8.

I need to fill my car up with people to see if its going to rub.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Ey,
Anyone know if Honda would install my balljoint camber kit? I plan on getting an alignment there but dont want to pay someone $100+ for two balljoints.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:53 AM

I wouldn't have Honda install it and I wouldn't have Honda do an alignment, unless it's around $80 for all 4 wheels. Probably cost you around $100 anywhere you go and Honda may not even install it.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:56 AM

You really need to find the height you like and drive around for a while, I swear on my mother's grave you will not eat through 600 treadwear tires driving it for a week. Then, get the alignment, see if they can get the fronts in spec at the height you want, and if they need the front camber kit, bring it with so they can install it. Don't just throw something in if it's not needed, which I will tell you again, it's not needed. You will add clunks in the front to accompany your clunks in the rear.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alignment @ Honda is $89 and everyone local says the guy that works there during the week is the best. They even bring their non Hondas to him. But I might just get it done elsewhere tonight.

I am trying to see how much it would be to get it installed somewhere else but no one is answering their phone! wtf!

Found out what the clunk was, the top of the strut pole is hitting the metal bracket behind my seat when I hit bumps. I am going to loosen the nut so it decompresses a bit and lowers the strut bar to the same height as the other side.

And I can't remember, didn't I buy the console from you? If so how much were you lowered in the front? And you promise that if I don't have a front camber kit, but get the toe adjusted correctly, I wont have a noticeable increase in tire wear?

I dont want to get an alignment, then have 2 buy new tires, then get the kit installed, and another alignment!

Quick Reply: Suspension Complete