Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Tein S. Tech vs Eibach prokit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM
trm
Unregistered
Default Tein S. Tech vs Eibach prokit

New guy here. Just wondering if any of y'all have any experience with both. Besides the obvious difference in drop. Being .8" higher, How's the Eibach in the corners compared to the Tein? Having a lower center of gravity must give the Tein some advantage, No? Is there really a difference in "feel" considering the huge price difference? Some people say they can't tell the difference between the 1.2" drop on the Eibach from the stock height. Anyone have pictures? Thanks for any help.

Another thing I've notice is that Honda vehicles in general can be lower much lower than most other make and still have a very compliant ride so I will assume the Tein and Eibach to have very similar ride quality?

Since I'm on a roll, I might as well ask my second question. Koni vs KYB AGX. I read that the KYB is so much eaiser to install and adjust due to brake lines mounting points already built in and adjustment ***** being clearly label and is on the shock body(rear). But how bout "feel"? Do the Konis offer superior steering feel/control/ride? I've had Tokico illuminas and Eibach sportline on my old Eclipse GST and it was terrible. The steering was sharp, but the Illuminas just couldn't control the Sportlines. If you dial the tokicos up too high to control the bounce, the ride becomes really harsh, if you keep it liveable, the car hops uncontrollably all over big bumps. Just can't find the balance. On the other hand, my friend has AGX and Intrax springs on his Eclipse. Much much balanced and controled ride over rough roads, but car feels numb and uninspring. The AGX feel like they have beefier pistons while the Illuminas feel weak but have sharper road feel.

How about GAB? I hear they were formed from the brightest brains from KYB and produces some of the most durable shocks for racing teams all over the world. I also hear KYB AGX are rebaged GAB super HP. Any truth?

Old 04-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Default RE: Tein S. Tech vs Eibach prokit

Welcome to the forum!

Your questions... I have no personal experience with either of the brands you are talking about... I had Koni's on my Civic and loved them but handleing/suspension wise just because one car is lower than the other doesn't mean it will corner better. Believe it or not you can get to low to where you are rocking over the tire to much and you've passed your optimal setup... how low is to low? no idea....

Also, what application are you looking to setup for? Auto X? Street performace or other?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:39 PM

I have KYB's on my car and love them. If you want a comfortable, near OEM ride, just pop the hood and witht the included screw driver turn em' to 1 or 2 (you'll have to get on the ground to adjust the back ones though, but there's a **** like you said so no screw driver). I keep them on 4 up front and 7 in the back (stiffest up front and 1 from stiffest in back) and my car handles great. Minimal body roll when cornering and it just sticks to the road. I'm using suspension techniques lowering springs by the way. Just my personal expirience with KYB's.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:09 PM
trm
Unregistered

Thanks for your opinions. I have a 94 accord coupe. It had a noticeably stiffer suspension than the sedan in stock form. I'd like the stock Honda tuning and would like to retain that while increasing cornering grip and decreasing body roll. The stock suspension had that wide stable connected to the road feel, you can tell that the wheels are way out there at the edge of the fender. I was also concerned about steering feel as mine has a firmer and more accurate feel than the sedan. I didn't want to lose that by going with the wrong shocks. I hear the KYB uses velocity sensing technology which may effect steering feel when it tries to smooth out the bumps by easing back on dampening. ANy truth? Thanks again.