Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Time to set it up...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Default Time to set it up...

Okay, so it appears it is time to do a suspension makeover. Here is what I'm thinking of a set-up...

Koni Sports with Eibach Pro-Kit in all four corners
H&R (or something similar) for a rear sway bar (19-20mm).

I do a good amount of autocross, the car has 84k miles and climbing, so the shocks feel they have "worn out" their welcome. In my Corolla I had the Eibach Pro-Kit, Tokico's, custom made sway bars, and a front strut bar. It handled like nothing else, I loved it. Fast around the track (kept up with stock E36 M3's!), great in autocross, just an awesome handling car.

I'm not trying to get the Accord up there, but maybe with my selected set-up, I might be on par with the Corolla.

Any other recommendations, things people have tried, etc?

I'm tired of being one of the slowest guys on the autocross, not b/c of driving, but mostly due to handling. I'm not really competative, I just would like to shock some people out there, just like I did with my Corolla. It's not lack of driver, I've been autocrossing for many years and have taken lots of schools, I love the sport and would love to go back to a BMW, but I rather save up and get an M3 (my favorite car of all time) and keep the Accord (the daily workhorse!)