Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

What is the best after market parts for Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Default What is the best after market parts for Suspension

Ive got a 91 honda accord no major work has been done to it (yet). Im looking for cheap/effective aftermarket parts for sway-bars and springs, im not looking to lower it i want to keep it stock looking, I will be racing this car several times a month at sebring raceway, Ive already raced it with the stock Suspension and the roll is extreme and the back end washed out a lot in the turns but other then that I like the ride height of it already and i cant lower it for me being 6-4" and i cant imagine it any lower but I want to knew what are good aftermarket sway bars and springs and struts I just want to make my cornering better without lowering the ride height. NOTE: I have read the top thread on this page and it helped but not wht i was looking for so dont scold me for posting this please.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:26 PM

I want to know the same thing because i have a 92 accord and I am 6ft, and I want to know if people even answer the forum questions as well??????? Have you found out yet what springs you could use with stock struts??? I heard you could use prokit springs with oem struts, But dont know if this is true or not. Keep me informed if you find out anything on this, and i will do the same. Thanks

Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Supper Moderator

bang for buck for our cb7s are Function and Form Type 1 coilovers. I know you said you didn't want to lower but you can still adjust the coilovers to stock ride height.

As for you hondo you don't want to use any springs that have any type of drop to them. They will kill your struts and the ride won't be that great. OEM struts are for OEM springs.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Unhappy

a)PROKIT is designed and road test with use in conjunction of OEM stock shocks in mind, so it's okay to use stock shock with prokit, in fact i had the same set up before.
*note: some people experience the "boat look" with eibach prokit, boat look=the front is higher than the rear.

b)SPORTLINE sits some what lower than prokit, sporline requires an aftermarket(stiff damper) shocks. Sportline is pretty much the lowest you can go without rubbing.

I got this off honda-tech.com and their saying I can use prokit because it only drops me about an inch, but I am not sure about this even though this guy iam7 seems to be sure, and I don't want to be spending money bouncing around trying to figure this out????? I do want a drop of about an inch but no more than that, so what do you think about all this thanx for your patience with me. With those coilovers wouldn't I need a camber kit????

Last edited by hondobug92; 09-23-2011 at 05:16 PM.