Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Wheel Vibration...help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 AM
htownfanatic
Unregistered
Default Wheel Vibration...help needed!

Hello everyone im new to hondaaccordforum but ive visited for a while. I have a 91 accord with about 260k miles on it and i feel a lot of vibration in my wheel when im driving as well as a veer to the left. Ive had an accident before and ive recently replacing my struts on the front end as well as the bushing on the driver side. I got it aligned and it was ok but i hit a curb on the driver side during an icestorm and since then thats when the vibration started. I went and tried to get it aligned again but noone was able to do it! Any help on what is wrong is definately appreciated!! Thanks

Old 01-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Wheel Vibration...help needed!

cannot tell you exactly what is wrong without looking at the car but most definatelly sounds like you bent some suspension parts or the wheel or both
either you get under the car or take it to a shop that specializes on Hondas or the Honda dealer and have them chk all the frt suspensions
lower control arms , rear beam, frt beam, etc. etc

Old 01-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Although there isnt enough info for jme to tell, my best guess would be the rims are bent. If you hit the curb most likely you hit the rims pretty bad. Anyway it could also be wheel blancing. but iam leaning more towards the bent rim.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:45 PM

you may have also lost a few wheel weights when you hit and now you've got a an out of balance rim, I'd take it into a shop and ask them to balance it, when they do that ask them to make sure it's true and not bent or anything... should only cost a few bucks and then once they have the tire off ask them if you can go look at the car and tell them what happened, saves you the trouble of removing the tire, tests it and gives you a warm shop to use to look at the suspension for only a few bucks....

Old 01-31-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

you may have also lost a few wheel weights when you hit and now you've got a an out of balance rim, I'd take it into a shop and ask them to balance it, when they do that ask them to make sure it's true and not bent or anything... should only cost a few bucks and then once they have the tire off ask them if you can go look at the car and tell them what happened, saves you the trouble of removing the tire, tests it and gives you a warm shop to use to look at the suspension for only a few bucks....
good point didnt think anbout that. Weights could have got lost on impact. You know i had my tres balance at this cheap place once and the glue they used to mount the weight on the tire was crap and thw eights fell off. Never went back there.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:39 AM

i doubt very very much if it is as simple as the wheel weights falling off..........

there is something bent ,, i have seen it many times,, anytime a car hits a curb enought to cause vibration and supposely as he said car cannot be aligned ,, there is definatelly something bent

Old 02-01-2007, 01:11 PM
htownfanatic
Unregistered

Well just to do a little update....i got my tires balanced and rotated right after the accident so that eliminates the weights problem. I also tried to go to pepboys and get another alignment and they were unable to do it. They said that something was bent and i had negative and positive camber. Basically i need some parts I think ranging from a control arm to other things. Anybody have anymore suggestions on a repair cost and cheap part?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:23 AM

first off you need to find out exactly what is bent.. then call your local salvage yard and see if they have the parts you need ,, if not,, you can do an internet search for salvage yards around your area some one might have them ..if still not,, get aftermarket parts they are a lot cheraper than Honda parts
As for the cost i got no clue cause i do not know what is bent and needs to be replaced

a shop should be able to see if the lower control arm is bent.. that would be the first thing that bents on those hitting the curb mishaps .. also have them take a close look at the rear cross member i have seen several get kinked on the back side ,thus camber will be way off,

Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 AM

actually of you really need parts that honda parts warehouse or watever (its one of the sponsors) has a BUNCH of parts and they look decent priced i didnt buy any but i took a peek at how but the parts for my car would have costed not bad at all i dont think try that

Old 02-02-2007, 01:55 PM

you could also look on ebay. Maybe get some after market stuff.