Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

* Tire Information For You To Read *

Old 06-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Administrator
Talking Your Welcome To The HAF New Member

Originally Posted by cyberjac
thank you for giving such a valueable and life saving information

Enjoy your time in the forums with us...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM

For what it's worth, I bought 2 sets of Goodyear's at the same time several years ago, 1 set of Comfort tred to put on an '04 Toyo Camry and a set of Triple treds to put on a '99 Honda Accord EX.

The comfort treds were not as quiet as they claimed and were worn out in 35k miles. Disappointing to say the least. Replaced them with a set of Pirelli's

The triple tred tires were excellent in longevity, quiet and handling. May be due to the fact they were on a Honda. Loved the triple treds and would buty them again. Probably got 60k miles on them and replaced with Michelin Hydro Edge. Until I had a flat in sidewall of tire, and could not get a replacement because of back order issues. Don't know if they ever got the inventory straightened out.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Default alloy rims for a 2008 honda accord 17 inch

Anyone know where I can get some or anyone selling any ?

Old 10-31-2011, 08:38 PM

I pop my tires so often that I rarely have the chance to put enough miles on them for them to go bald
Once I ended up with a screw, a nail and a drill bit in a tire at the same time. That one got a lot of laughs at Les Schwab

Old 11-06-2011, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by JUY01
Can I ask anyone here of your suggested mags for my 2010 honda accord 2.4? I want to replace it into a bigger / luxury looking and I don't have any idea on what to buy. Can I ask for your opinions? Are there any brands and shops that I should looked at? Are there any pictures that I could see so I could have an idea?

Also, do anyone here have pictures 2010 accord (dressed up)? Can you send it to me at [
I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
ALWAYS keep in mind, when selecting rims, the cleaning aspect of them. Observe what it would take to get them clean. The wrong rims can provide 30 minutes per wheel of cleaning time with numerous cracks and crevices.

I would steer clear of Hankook Optima 727 tires. Good wear but they are slippery on wet roads.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Newest Of Newbies

really good information . got to know a lot about the cars accessories .good guide for honda users.thanks for the valueable and life saving information

Old 12-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Default Need new tires...opinions welcome!

Hello all! I am new to this forum since it's very hard to find HONEST people when looking for tires, I thought maybe I would get some good advice here.
So I have a 2008 Accord EX V6. When I purchased it, I also got the upgraded rims and tires. I THINK I have 17" rims...they are the high chrome polished ones...with the Yokohama tires. I have already had to replace one tire due to a nail being in the sidewall. That ONE tire cost me $140. Anyways, I am at about 35K miles on my car and one of my tires is very bald (right front passenger) and so I call the dealership to get a price quote on a new set. I also have found out along the way that low profile tires are directional and can only be rotated front to back. SO this set I tell them I DO NOT want low profile again and they are now teling me I HAVE NO CHOICE. I SPECIFICALLY asked about this when I had to purchase the new tire because of the sidewall damage, and they ASSURED me I could get "regular" tires on my next set. Has anyone ever been told this same thing?
Is this correct? Am I stuck with these stupid low profile tires that I have to replace every 30K miles? Please help!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 AM

rdhavens, some rims are manufactured to only handle low profile tires. With that being said, most low profile tires hold the road far better and yes they are expensive. Do u possibly have the original rims or are what you have the ones that are stock to that car?

I would n't buy the tires from a dealer. If you have DISCOUNT TIRE you may want to give them a try. Ask them for device. If not, try NTB and see what they say. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to look at TIRE RACK (however you will have to have them shipped and then you pay shipping plus mounting after you receive them.). Do the figures on Tire Rack and then take that quote down to NTB or Discount and ask if they will price match. They did for me!

DIrectional tires are good tires. I have 2 sets on the ground now. They do NOT have to be low profile. Sounds to me you may have an aftermarket rim and that is why you are needing low profiles.

Discount Tire

Old 03-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rdhavens

I THINK I have 17" rims...
The rim size is clearly printed on the tires, the number right after R

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: * Tire Information For You To Read *