Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

* Tire Information For You To Read *

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Administrator

The rim size is for instance..A 2011-2012 Accord Coupe EXL-V6 engine would be a tire size OEM of 235/45-18... the number 18 being the rim size.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM

I have a 99 Accord ex with the Goodyear triple treads on it. When the tires were new they were fantastic. Drove over all kinds of conditions without problems. That included ice, snow. rain and dry roads. As the tires wore which seemed to be quick (under 40k miles) they got a bit dicey in the snow, rain and ice. they also got very noisy! I started to sound like the wheel bearings were shot. I know that wasn't the issue as they are new. Currently getting rid of them as they don't seem to hold up under Midwest winters. Thinking about the Michelin Primacy MXV4's.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by LS-300
I have a 99 Accord ex with the Goodyear triple treads on it. When the tires were new they were fantastic. Drove over all kinds of conditions without problems. That included ice, snow. rain and dry roads. As the tires wore which seemed to be quick (under 40k miles) they got a bit dicey in the snow, rain and ice. they also got very noisy! I started to sound like the wheel bearings were shot. I know that wasn't the issue as they are new. Currently getting rid of them as they don't seem to hold up under Midwest winters. Thinking about the Michelin Primacy MXV4's.
Interesting; I ran two sets of TripleTreds on our family minivans (yes, we had two at once), and managed over 65,000 miles out of both sets (there was still some tread left when I replaced them but winter was looming large in both cases). To be sure they weren't the quietest tire on the market, but I was more than happy with their grip and longevity, even here in the nasty New Hampshire winters.

While I've never run the Primacy MXV4s, I've heard very good things about them and may well try them on our Accord sometime next year.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Default All season tires?

Hi all! I really like the Michelin Pilot Exaltos that came with my 2001 Accord, but now it's mud & snow season in New England & I'm having trouble getting around on these balding tires. I'd love it if I could get a tire recommendation. I need:

1. All-season tires good for snow & mud & dry
2. Quiet would be nice.
3. Good handling would be nice.
4. Long wearing would be nice
5. Price is a lesser consideration

Old 03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

I just got Continental "PureContact EcoPlus" tires for one of the Saabs, & like them so far. Can't say the real-world lifespan, but the UTQG treadwear is 700.

They have been reasonable in the snow but I don't know how that will work as they wear down. I'm accustomed to switching over to winter tires.

They're a "grand-touring" tire, so they don't handle as good as some other tires I've had, but those other tires were pretty bad in the snow. Like I said, I normall switch for winter.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Just another datapoint...

I put a set of Yokohama AVID ENVigors on our GTI last year and while they were very quiet when new and have great handling and tread life, they got noisy after only 7,000 miles. I'm not sure I'll keep them on past 30,000 miles, regardless of how good the tread looks.

Long story short, I cannot recommend these tires.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Good to know... those have been on my short list.

My problem is whenever I find a tire that I really like, it becomes unavailable by the time I wear it out. Then I have to guess about what to buy next.

I liked the Yokohama S-drive tires on my 9.2x, but I blew up the engine before I put too many miles on those tires.