Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

2000 Accord ex v6 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 AM
juse10
Unregistered
Default 2000 Accord ex v6 coupe

I own a 2000 v6 2dr Accord with a lowered suspension running on 17' enkei's. I'm in the market looking for rims.
Can anyone please help me to understand what's the widest(in inches) my Accord can handle front/rear. And with what size width of tires that go with them.

Scenario: "I'm looking for 17' or 18' rims(depending on style), and I need to know how wide I can push my wheels without rubbing or breaking the rim. I'm hoping to get the "drifting" look if possible. Which means that I'm going as wide as I can on the wheels and I'm planning on "Stretching" the tires a bit as well.

If anyone knows, please inform me: how wide, what size of tire, and what's the biggest offset I can get(as far as making the lip bigger or wider). Thank you.

-juse10

Old 05-13-2006, 06:39 AM
theshaddix
Unregistered
Default RE: 2000 Accord ex v6 coupe

hi.
Look, a lot of people usually put 225's on it. Ive only seen one accord with 235's on it and it looked nice as hell. Here is the link http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o389773di.jpg
another one http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o466818ea.jpg

As you can see, the front wheel sticks out a lil because that's just how accords are. But the rear is perfect.

I once saw an accord with 245's on it and i looked at it for like 10 min because it was the best setup ever (except for the front). Those were only 17 inch rims, but they looked like 18-19 because of the higher profile of the tires. From the back those tires looked wide as f*k. But the front wheels were, once again, sticking out about 0.5-1 inch. Ive thought about it and im pretty sure those 245's cause problems (rubbing and stuff), but just the way the car looks with tires as wide as those-you gotta see it for urself to understand. If accords were rear wheel drive cars, i would have no doubts about getting wide (245) wheels for the rear and 225-235's for the front, but since it's a fwd car, there is no point (but you still can) of getting different size tires. I guess the optimal size is 225 for this car. However, ive always liked wide tires and that accord with them 245's was a proof that you can do it too. Well, as pointless as it seems, you can custom order yours wheels for front and rear since accords have such a ****ed up setup. You will have a 100% hot look (especially lookin from the rear view, itll look impressive) and you will still have a perfect setup at the front to avoid any rubbing and such (225 is perfect for the front, or you can do 235). So i hope that answers your question. There are no more answers to it other than getting either a custom setup (different sizes for front and rear) or just get 225's, all 4 of them. To tell u the truth, every modified accord i see has like 215-225's on it and it doesnt look that impressive. They all look nice at the front, but the rear always looks weak because them wheels go a lil inside the body still. With 245's the *** of the car will slide a lil less (when you take an off-ramp real fast) and the overall grip will be a lil better. Mostly, this is just for the looks and i'm always about the looks. I would even custom order them wheels (diff. sizes for front and rear) myself because that seems to be the only way to do it if you want to go the widest you can.
http://img98.imageshack.us/my.php?image=o259707gk.jpg
Those are like the best kind of tires to get if you go that wide. These tires are wider at the base of the rim and then they narrow down closer to the top. That's exactly what you need to get that drift car look. Also, forgot to mention, the best diameter would be 18-19 inches. With 18 inch rims you need to drop the car a lot to make it look tight. With 19 inch rims you drop it a lil less, but itll look a lil cooler i think. Not sure. I would get 19 though.

If somebody has anything to say about this, feel free to comment cuz i want to hear some opinions on this.