General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 accord ex V-6 coupe SRS Light

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 02:42 AM
ecat81
Unregistered
Default 2000 accord ex V-6 coupe SRS Light

The light came on again and honda charged 35 to turn it off last time. Any idea how to clear the codes i tried pulling the radio backup fuse didnt work. Thanks!

Old 05-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Default RE: 2000 accord ex V-6 coupe SRS Light

Why did it come on? I found this on another site :
Here's the answer (which I came upon after MUCH research).
You CAN reset the SRS light yourself. I've done it. In fact, I don't even think there's too much to worry about when doing this procedure. There's a link below that takes you to the Prelude Service Manual and how to reset the SRS light, but the same applies to the accord so don't worry. You can reach the MES control on the accord by going UNDER the driver side dash. If you look on the other side of the driver side fuse box in the foot well, you should be able to see this yellow tab with 2 wires sticking into it. The rest of the instructions are below. And yes you can use a paperclip. Another thing to note, if the SRS light came on becuz of a direct SRS defect, then doing this procedure wont fuq nething up (i think). if there's a problem, then this procedure just wont work and the light will remain on. I've done it and so have other people. HOpe this helps.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292043029

Old 05-29-2005, 12:12 AM

dang!! honda just turned it off? didn't fix it?? wow!

Autozone does it for free

Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 PM

could some1 send the procedures again
thanks

Old 09-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

isn't there a TSB on this and a warranty extension? DH, can you give us the lowdown?

Old 09-25-2006, 09:11 PM

I stole this from another post in a different forum so I'm not taking credit for it.... But I'd like to!

An SCS Service Connector is used to reset your SRS light, which every Honda owner will eventually end up having to do. The dealer charges anywhere from $65 to $95 to do this, I'll show you how to do it for under $10.00. First you need to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and pick up some late model Honda speaker harnesses by Metra. The Metra model number is 72-7802. Cut the female disconnects off the ends of the speaker harnesses and strip about a half inch of jacket off of the wire. Twist the wire together and tape up the bare wire, you now have an SCS Service Connector for quite a but less than what Honda would have charged for one.

Now I'll show you how to reset the light. We've allready done the 1st step by making the SCS Connector.
You'll need to find the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector.
It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the back of the driver's side fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. Here's a diagram for clearer understanding.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

It worked first time for me. If it doesn't work first time, try again. The timing has to be pretty precise. Doing it with the connector I made is much easier that using a paper clip to jump the connector. Good Luck

[IMG]local://upfiles/3079/0A3820AC5B864FD3B8E29FC8AE1F29F4.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-09-2007, 03:14 PM

Used S_N's method above and it worked perfect. Thanks.[sm=hail.gif]