Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

aftermarket wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:27 AM
Default aftermarket wheels

a hondamechanic told me that getting aftermarket wheels is risky. he said they that they vibrate and cant be balanced. www.wheelsnext.com has good prices but they are mostly off brands. im not looking to spend a lot of money on wheels, but i dont want to buy cheap ones if they are unbalanceable. if youve bought wheels from this website or have some of the same brands, let me know how they work for you. thanks

Old 01-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Administrator
Default RE: aftermarket wheels

Honda mechanic was wrong, wheelsnext has good wheels...all wheels sold in USA have to pass testing for safety...don't go to big in your wheel size and enjoy the new look of your car after you put your new rims and tires on...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=pimp.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: jmcmichael08

a hondamechanic told me that getting aftermarket wheels is risky. he said they that they vibrate and cant be balanced. www.wheelsnext.com has good prices but they are mostly off brands. im not looking to spend a lot of money on wheels, but i dont want to buy cheap ones if they are unbalanceable. if youve bought wheels from this website or have some of the same brands, let me know how they work for you. thanks
tell the mechanic to get his head checked. then ask him if he gets comission on honda parts sold. aftermarket wheels are fine. they are balanced the same way a factory wheel is balanced. if you buy from tire rack (and get tires too), they will balance them for you. I got a set of snows for my M3, and they arrived mounted and balanced. All I had to do was toss them on the car and drive off. Worked like a charm. Now I am just waiting for the snow.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: jmcmichael08

I have never heard anything about balancing problems but when I got my 17" rims I had to purchase camber kits for the front and the back.After having Kumho ASX tires on for only three months all four where done. The insides of the back tires where worn out and the outsides of the front tires were. I went back toDiscount tire and theythen told me that Hondas do nothave camber adjustments and I should of had camber kits on when the new rims and tires where put on. My car is now lowered but this happened before I did that. I now take my cartoTire Kingdom and I have one year of free balancing, alignment, and camber adjustment for my car. If you want to keep from spending a lot of money on tires youshould do this. I also wanted to add that on this forum there are some guys who have washers that adjust their camber. Which is much cheaper. If you wantprofessional camber adjusters I have SPC camber kits. I have had no problem with mine. As for getting performance rims do it!!Theride and handeling of your car will change and it's so fun!!I hope this will help.