Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Effect of new wheels on car warranty???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 03:59 AM
unknownaccord
Unregistered
Default Effect of new wheels on car warranty???

I just put 18 inch konig unknowns with 235/40/r18 kumhos on my 06 accord coupe last week. It's the first mod I've done to the car, but looking through my warranty information, I'm afraid it may affect it. Does anyone know if it will affect the warranty and to what extent??? For example, in my owner's manual it mentions after market wheels as a modification that can put my suspension at risk. In reality, I know going from 17 to 18 inch rims won't make my suspension fail, but if my suspension is damaged from something else in the future, will Honda use my rims as an excuse to not accept the warranty claim. Anyone with answers or former experience would be helpful. Thanks

Old 06-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Effect of new wheels on car warranty???

Im going to say that if the warranty book makes that statement about those wheels that they will stick by that book 100%..

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Effect of new wheels on car warranty???

if they could find some way to prove/show that a piece failed as a direct result of your rims then they would but I'd have to say that's VERY hard to do... Not to mention if something fails that quickly on the suspension it'd be hard to write it off as anything other than a manufacturing defect. However, as was previously stated that book is law to them so if they can find some way to claim fault as a result of something you did then they will. No matter what you do to your car or how you treat it if they can find a way to pin something on you and avoid warrantying it then they will... At least they didn't do what subaru did to it's STI owners... FREE SCCA MEMBERSHIP FOR A YEAR WITH THE PURCHASE OF THIS RALLY READY CAR... fine print "if you race this car your warranty is void"... they then went so far as to send subaru reps to rally races and walk around writing down VIN numbers to find out who's warranty was void....