Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Ultimate Warranty Service Contracts (extended warranty)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Default Ultimate Warranty Service Contracts (extended warranty)

So if some of you don't know by now Ultimate Warranty (huge Extended Warranty company) is having MAJOR troubles, they haven't announced a bankruptcy yet but I've heard of a few class action suits and various other issues. They have stopped paying out for repairs (they say you'll be re-imbursed but must pay out of pocket) and I have customers who have been waiting for a refund from them for about 5 months.

Be warned. If you are purchasing a car or purchased an extended warranty on your current vehicle MAKE SURE that you DO NOT have ultimate warranty.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:18 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Ultimate Warranty Service Contracts (extended warranty)

I personally don't trust any of the 3rd party warranty groups

Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Good info! Thanks for keeping us informed!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: klrspz

I personally don't trust any of the 3rd party warranty groups
Me neither. When I get offers in the mail they go straight to the trash. Being in the insurance biz, I have heard of too many of them going belly up.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Speaking of insurance...
I'm 25, and haven't noticed any discount like my friends are telling me they get...

Is there some kind of standard or industry assumption that I should know before I talk to my agent?
His secretary is finding more out for me (omg she's so hot), but it seems like I'm paying MORE now for my Accord than I was before I turned 25 (granted it's only $4/mo more, it's still more!)

I -SHOULD- have a perfectly clean record, with the exception of the 2 times I was rear-ended this year

Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 AM

the collisions shouldn't matter unless your insurance company had to pay out any money. As for the discount not every company does it but most of them do. Mine gave me a break when I turned 25 and another when I got married. Also, make sure they know about any/all safety equipment your car has, car alarm, side airbags, daytime running lights etc. generally all get you small discounts.

As for 3rd party warranties, unless they are backed by a larger corporation that does more than just warranties I stay away too. The ones that I would trust are Universal Underwriters (Zurich, 2nd largest insurance company in the world) and GE Money (yep, GE does warranties too)

Those internet warranties are about the worst thing you can possibly buy, yep they're cheap but it a good way to get hosed.