General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty Companies

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 08:32 AM
aossege
Unregistered
Default Extended Warranty Companies

I have a 2004 Accord with about 40k miles and want to purchase an extended warranty.Can anyone recommenda company? I have heard horror stories about some dealers being very picky about extended warranties they did not sell. A search of the web yields many companies, hard to tell which ones are any good.Thanks for your time.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Default RE: Extended Warranty Companies

Ultimate Warranty is pretty good, Universal Underwriters (Zurich 2nd largest insurance company in the world) is good as well, I think Honda may offer one through the factory (ask the dealership) and those are the three that I know of. If you want any additional info on them you can e-mail me.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

why are you going to buy a warranty for one of the most reliable cars on the road?

Old 08-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: smaglik

why are you going to buy a warranty for one of the most reliable cars on the road?
Not all of these cars are The Most Reliable , thats why I have an extended warranty on a couple of mine also...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-10-2007, 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

For the "IF" in life, I didn't get one for my wife's lexus and I'm kicking my rear right now....As deserthonda says "My crystal ball is broken..."

Old 08-10-2007, 11:26 AM

WHAT THESE PEOPLE ARE SELLING IS NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED WARRANTY.THEIR GOAL IS TO NEVER PAYOUT MORE THAN YOU PUT IN. THIS STUFF SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CALLED WARRANTY OR INSURANCE. WHEN U HAVE AN ACCIDENT THEY PAY UP TO FULL VALUE OF CAR ...THATS INSURANCE. EVEN THE DEAL HAS TO DO TE SAME...FIX UNTIL U ARE SATISFIED. BE CAREFULL!!! MY SUGGESTION IS TRY TO WORK OUT A DEAL WITH THE DEALER..BUYT MOST OF THE TIME THEY ARE MORE FAIR CONSIDERING THEY ARE FIXING IT ONCE AND IT WILL WORK OR THEY ARE RESPONCIBLE... KINDA TOUGH TO DO BUSSINESS THAT WAY...BUT TAKE YOUR QUE FROM THE DEALER.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:53 PM

The goal of any business is never to payout more than you put in that's why it's called a business. But that's not to say that it doesn't happen that's why they exist. If the dealer thought they were going to have to repair your car under 3yr/36,000 miles they wouldn't offer a warranty that long. Take your que from the dealer, they give you a warranty why shouldn't you have one? Why wouldn't Honda offer a 100,000 warranty (bumper to bumper) if these are the best cars and never break down?

As for the comment regarding an accident. An insurance company (in the event that you are at fault) will only pay LOAN value for the car. That's why GAP insurance exists. Ask an insurance company or credit union about GAP and chances are they sell it. Why? Because if you totall your car and owe $4,000.00 more than loan value then you get to continue making payments on that amount. If you don't your credit goes to crap and the bank is left with nothing to repo so they loose it all.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:43 PM

look u need to understand what i am saying these guys are not the same as honda care. honda care costs like 1200 dollars and hen something like tranny goes they replace an item u pay 3200 for, thats insurance! these aftermarket guys have u going to amacco and fix trans for 1200. never more than u spent on policy. trust me save the money and cap intrest for when something does go wrong and ul be more happy