Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Ordered Rims w/ Defect - Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
jweidler_1130
Unregistered
Default Ordered Rims w/ Defect - Help

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a set of Damani Vanquish rims from wheelsnext.com, and they came with a manufacturer's defect in the rim. This defect was not visible to the naked eye, and what was happening was after I installed them, there was significant wobble in the steering wheel above 60 mph (I was driving on smooth roads and very cogniscent of potholes). Therefore, I took it in to Firestone and they even deemed the wheel to have a manufacturer's defect and said that the only way that they could detect it was on the balancing machine.

So now I am going back to wheelsnext.com and stating the issue and they are making me pay for another new wheel and tire, and sending the defective one back in. They are then going to ship that rim back to the manfuacturer (Damani) to look it over and have THEM determine whether or not this is a defect or a dent caused by me. This is bull_shiz in my opinion because I know the rim was defective right from the beginning. How can I better dispute this AND have wheelsnext pay for the inspection that was performed by Firestone?

On top of all that, wheelsnext improperely balanced ALL my wheels by stacking the weights, which will affect the center of gravity of the wheel.

Please help or offer any suggestions that I can use here.

Jaime

Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Ordered Rims w/ Defect - Help

Hi Member...sorry to hear about your delima...we all know from ordering wheels and tires over the internet that we don't always get the correct service from these companys.
I'm a firm believer that you dont order from any company other than maybe Direct Tire or The Tire Rack whom does know how to do there tires and wheel packages correctly..
You are much better off ordering your tires and your wheels without being mounted and balanced than the other way around...this way you can have them done locally and get them done correctly with out weights where ever they decide to put them..
You order from what ever company you wish but then remember to look at the bottom of my posts at those words ...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Default RE: Ordered Rims w/ Defect - Help

I'd start at the top, Call the wheel manufacturer and tell them how pissed off you are at their dealer for shipping you complete crap and how they are handling your order. Make the manufacturer pissed off at the tire dealer and things will get done.... I'm sure that they don't want to risk loosing that contract... DOCUMENT EVERYTHING with pictures and notes