Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Rims or Body Kits first?

Old 03-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Default Rims or Body Kits first?

Hi kind folks,

I have a Honda Accord 1993 Coupe with relatively low mileage. So far, I have made a considerable improvements already from the sound system up to engine enhancements.

For my next project for this car, I'd like to get a full body kit and wheel/tire package. A local dealer of body kits where I live, (New Jersey) suggested that body kits should be bought first before the rims/tires. My body works and paint styling guy insisted that it does not matter.

Which one is true? I intend to buy the rims/tire package first. But I am not sure if buying this first would affect the fitment of the body kit on the car.

May I please know from anyone here who may have an idea as to what the ideal size of rims and wheels for this car? I was thinking of getting a 17" or 18" rims. But I have no idea as to how much wide the diameter of the tires. I like the tires to be protruding or dangling out of the fender. [&o]

Any suggestions as to what is the recommended sizes for rims and tires would also be appreciated. Also, anyadvice on affordable or reasonably priced tire/rim stores would help a lot.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Luke

Old 03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Default RE: Rims or Body Kits first?

i run 18 by 7.5 in wheels on my accord and i dont have any issues with it. and i have a 2 1/2 drop on it. but i would get the rims for your accord before the body kit. you shouldnt have any proplems with the kit fitting with the rims. but i would personaly put 18s on you car.

Old 03-19-2006, 10:30 PM

Thanks a lot Accord_94 on your reply.

Follow-up question if you wouldn't mind? You suggested, 18 x 7.5 (height x width) and there is a 2 1/2" inch drop which would appear that the car is lowered and this wheel would not affect the body kit. Did I get it right?

It is also fascinating to look at low profile tires. However, I live in NJ which snows a lot and have pot holes all over the place. Can you suggest a medium profile tire, if there's any (please forgive my ignorance) [&o] that would hold okay with these type of road conditions. I was told that if I go with a low profile tire that the ride would be bumpy and costly for the rims. Please give recommended size measurements too which would help me decide what to buy.

Do you have any suggestions or any ideas? Thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Luke

Old 03-20-2006, 04:58 AM

i dont know the tire size that i would get but i would think that you would want at least a 1 or 2 in side wall on the tire. and i know how the snow is because i live in utah and it snows to much here. i would just keep all the stock stuff, like bumbers, tires and rims, for the winter. because i do the change over ever winter, so that i dont runin all my stuff and so that im not a snow plow,lol. an i know the pot hole issuse i lost a rim because of one and i loved those rims and i cant find them anywhere. it sucks. but i dont know what size tire to run but something with a good side wall.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 AM

Hi accord_94 and thanks a lot!

You're cool!!!

Kind regards,
Luke

Old 03-20-2006, 11:57 AM

no proplem.