Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Default Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor

Gents,

Have anyone seen something like this? I just put a set of four new tires and after 4,000 miles the outside shoulders of my tires (front and back driver side) started showing some wear; the inner shoulders are fine and the tread itself does not show anything. Tires on the passenger side are fine externally but there is definitely some wear of inner shoulders on touch; I could not get quality pictures from the inside.

The car does not appear to be in accident (I bought used one) and I did not do any modification to it.
I did went for a full wheel alignment 10,000 miles before I put new tires and they did not find anything wrong - the % numbers were in green by Honda specs.

Would you be able to provide me with your opinion regarding this? Have any of you experienced this on your car?

Honda Accord 2006 SE
Pics are included.

P.S. Please do not mind wheels - they came like this from the old driver.

Attached Thumbnails Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor-front_driver_side.jpg   Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor-back_driver_side.jpg   Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor-front_pass_side.jpg   Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor-back_pass_side.jpg   Weird wear of my tires - Yokohama Envigor-front_driver_tread.jpg  

Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM

First off, check all of your tire pressures... If all are to specs, then you can move on to other diagnosing... You should have your wheels/tires alligned everytime you put new tires on your car, you say you got it done 10k before you installed new tires??? Well this may be your problem, as it was done on older tires... Tires are all different and new tires have much more tread and different patters, so allignment for one could be missalignment for another... If your car is in correct allignment with your new tires, then you can move on to looking at what parts could be causing this uneven and excessive wear...
When an inner or outer rib wears faster than than the rest of the tire, the need for wheel alignment is indicated. There is probably excessive camber in the front suspension, causing the wheel to lean too much to the inside or outside and putting too much load on one side of the tire. The car may simply need the aligned, but the misalignment could be due to sagging springs, worn ball joints, or worn control arm bushings.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM

Thanks for your response. My tire pressure at this point is already 36/34 front/back. I might as well go for another alignment.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 PM

Kinda looks like postive camber