Go Back   Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums > General > General Tech Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Default Security Immobilizer

The security immobilizer symbol is flashing on my display area; the manual says the car will not start with this flashing and it needs to be reset. Does anyone know how to reset this? I'm guessing there is a sequence, which must be followed, to reset it. My battery was very low, which probably caused the fault to occur.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Honda Accord Forum!
Old 09-24-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

If this coincide with a battery problem, a fresh battery should take care of it.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I charged the battery and it has plenty of juice. I also tried using another key, in case it had something to do with the security chip in the other key. Still nothing! I also tried inserting key, turning to on position, backing off, pulling it out, and retrying. Still nothing. Additionally, I disconnected the battery completely and let it sit for about 10 minutes. The key icon continues to flash and car turns over, but won't catch. I know there is a procedure to reset this; I hate to have the car towed to dealer, for them to charge me to reset this!
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

There is no reset procedure that you can do. Have you had the battery tested instead of just charging the battery? Also check your battery connections. If the battery and electrical connections are good and you still have a problem, then it is a problem with the immobilizer system.

The immobilizer system comprises of the keys, immobilizer system indicator, immobilizer control-unit receiver, and engine control module(ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM).
Old 09-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Also check for blown fuses.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I had the car towed to the dealership for diagnostic check. They first found the battery needed to be replaced and then hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. They called back and said the car won't even communicate with the diagnostic machine. Does anyone have any idea what it could be from here? ECU? Is there any past issues with ECU's on this year/vehicle? Additionally, the relays are making "clicking" noises...
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

It may be the ECM/PCM, wiring, or a connection issue. Since Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) can't communicate with the ECM/PCM, it may turn out to be the ECM/PCM. Was anything done to the car prior to this problem? Additionally, rodents (e.g., rats) have been known to chew through wiring on cars.

There have been no common issues with the ECM/PCM for your year and model.

Sometimes a dead battery will cause clicking from relay(s). Did the clicking occur before the dealer replaced the battery and did it still occur after the battery was replaced? A grounding problem can also sometimes cause a relay to click.

Here is some info. regarding the Immobilizer system for your car:

"http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/tsb/accord/x02-053e.pdf"

Remove quotation marks (" ") and copy and paste to see link.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:00 PM

Tags
07, 2000, 2003, 2007, accord, blinking, flashing, honda, immobilizer, key, reprogram, reset, security, symbol, system