Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

*98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by azndude171
Thanks Peli. Very nice of you. Appreciated!
No problem! Good luck.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:08 AM

You must keep in mind however, that although the price may seem intriguing, in some cases it may be wiser to buy a more expensive part, and thus have a guarantee that it will last longer, and the vendor will in fact be situated in your country, thus make changes to your order easier, and help with any problem which occurs!

Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM

Exactly. The difference between the lights I've received from Hong Kong seller and US sellers is astronomical. The price difference can range from $5-15 more per bulb, but you get faster shipping and I have yet to receive a bad bulb from a US seller, whereas I've had three packages arrive from HK that were dead on arrival. Now I'm happy to pay that extra bit to ensure I get higher quality and a seller that is closer and more willing to deal with issues I may have with a shipment. Peace of mind is worth $10 more per bulb

Old 02-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Default Odor?

Since you are in the auto detailing industry, I thought you might be interested in Auto Shocker. It really helps with any odor problems you may encounter. I just love it and found it at http://www.biocidesystems.com/autoshocker1.html

Old 02-23-2012, 11:18 AM

I just bought the blue LEDs for my car.. Hopefully I won't have to deal with any issues with resistors as I don't have a soldering iron to solder resistors.. besides I don't understand resistors, they're annoying..

Anyone who did this know if you have to solder on resistors with the LEDs??

Old 02-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Nope! None of the cluster lights require resistors.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:30 PM

Hey guys I hate to tread on a thread without introducing myself first but I'm doing this mod for a friend and was wondering if anyone replaced the lights in the actual bezel? Its the lights in the slits that shine down on the gauges.. Looking to turn literally every light in his car, Also are T10's the same as a wedge 168/194?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by stompbox
Hey guys I hate to tread on a thread without introducing myself first but I'm doing this mod for a friend and was wondering if anyone replaced the lights in the actual bezel? Its the lights in the slits that shine down on the gauges.. Looking to turn literally every light in his car, Also are T10's the same as a wedge 168/194?
Welcome Stompbox! I had replaced those "overhead" lights as well, but honestly you don't really need them. I found that replacing the cluster bulbs with really bright LEDs and then just removing the overheads make the gauges look much more dramatic. If you do wanna replace them though, they're T5 wedge bulbs.

Yes, T10 is the same as 168/194.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by iMarkDD
Welcome Stompbox! I had replaced those "overhead" lights as well, but honestly you don't really need them. I found that replacing the cluster bulbs with really bright LEDs and then just removing the overheads make the gauges look much more dramatic. If you do wanna replace them though, they're T5 wedge bulbs.

Yes, T10 is the same as 168/194.
Awesome thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome!

Old 02-27-2012, 11:01 PM
Default Conversion complete!

This is my girl after full light conversion. White gauges, blue odometer, mostly red down the center but with custom color filters on a couple of the buttons.

Quick Reply: *98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]