Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

*98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM

Hey there guys, could someone tell me which lights are used for the a/c controls and how many there are (I'm guessing 2)

Old 02-29-2012, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by stompbox
Hey there guys, could someone tell me which lights are used for the a/c controls and how many there are (I'm guessing 2)
Manual climate control, or the automatic?
I have the manual climate control which has 3x T4 NEO WEDGE bulbs and 1 T5 wedge bulb.

Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM

I may have possibly ruined something trying to do this. Can't tell but I need some help.. Alright so the T10s don't work, I tried to get the housing of that bulb out and then put in the T10, I couldn't see with all the sun if they light up, put the old bulb back into the new wedge housing, praying I didn't destroy something. Now it says the brake lamp doesn't work, can't see the brake lamp because I can't depress the brake pedal and look at it at the same time. Also one of the blinkers doesn't work when I put in the LED bulb but it works fine with the regular bulb (so now one is green and one is blue). Once its night time I'll know if I screwed up anything else.

One more thing: the odometer light seems to turn on with the car, not with the car's lights.. so it turns on and stays on period, I don't know if that's normal or not, it may be. Last time that light worked was over five years ago until now..

Any thoughts on those two issues?? I seem to make this car worse every time I touch it..

Last edited by grim_reaper; 03-13-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:07 AM

sorry to hear about your troubles, I don't know honda specific if the odometer is supposed to do it but on the accord I used it didn't.

As for the t10, did you try turning them around? most led's are polar lights meaning one side is positive the other is negative, it sounds dumb but put the lights in hook up your harnesses again and turn it on... the bulbs that don't turn on will most likely need turned around in the socket.

For the brake light malfunction, this shouldn't have resulted from an LED swap unless you were messing with wires outside of taking the harnesses off. To depress the pedal I use my lacrosse stick but anything heavy enough can be put on your brake pedal to look... or just grab a friend/family member to do it

Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 PM

Thanks for the response man, I was much awaiting a response.. Ok so here's the update..

1) the odometer light stays on all the time, doesn't bother me since it works..

2) The side indicators don't work, well they do on the outside but not on the dash if I use the LEDs. Weird thing is they'll work on the dash like once or twice with the LED and then they won't show on the dash after that. But when I put the regular bulb back in works perfectly normally.

3) EDIT: I GOT ALL THE T10S TO WORK, YOUR IDEA OF FLIPPING THEM AROUND WAS WHAT DID IT.. YAAY THANKS MAN..

4) The brake light was apparently gone before I started working on this so unrelated I guess. Just panicked because I didn't know if it was gone before or after I touched things.. My fortune is incredibly awful, so I tend to panic.

5) Lastly, just noticed that the temp gauge is T7 bulb and although the T5 fits in that slot, it doesn't light up. So now everything is blue except for the green indicators (still don't work with LEDs) and the temp gauge..

EDIT: BLUE FOR THE MAIN GAUGES WAS A BAD IDEA. THE ORANGE NEEDLE DOESN'T GLOW.. OR DOES THAT MEAN THERE ARE NEEDLE LIGHTS THAT SUDDENLY STOPPED WORKING?? THE NEEDLE LIGHTS UP ON THE TEMP GAUGE WHICH IS STILL THE OLD BULB, COULDN'T CHANGE THAT AS IT WAS T7

And good lord I get a lot of cuts from doing this repeatedly..

Suggestions?? thanks again..

Last edited by grim_reaper; 03-14-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Newest Of Newbies

I'm new to the forum and still trying to find my way around. I have a 7th gen Accord and wanted to do this conversion if anyone has the information laid out in this format for the 7th gen I'd really appreciate it!

Old 11-05-2012, 07:38 PM

Is it necessary to install resistors when doing the led conversion?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ADecker621
Is it necessary to install resistors when doing the led conversion?
Generally, LEDs will require resistors to limit the voltage going to them, as 12 volts will burn out most common LEDs. However, many sellers of LED conversion bulbs for cars have resistors built into them; you would have to verify.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Itstheaccord
I'm new to the forum and still trying to find my way around. I have a 7th gen Accord and wanted to do this conversion if anyone has the information laid out in this format for the 7th gen I'd really appreciate it!
I am betting there is a video on youtube somewhere. That said, I did it for the first time when I had my accord and I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I ran across some little issues but nothing was major, just small issues. As long as you can manage to get the gauge cluster out, you should be good. Someone on this forum can definitely help you out figure out the bulb size if you come across that as an issue.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by iMarkDD
This is my girl after full light conversion. White gauges, blue odometer, mostly red down the center but with custom color filters on a couple of the buttons.

Nice setup. How did you add power for the foot lighting? Did you get just a regular led strip off from ebay? Also, what are the custom filters made out of?

Attached Thumbnails *98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]-imarkdd-54504-albums-garage-g-ma-s-ride-2628-picture-g-mas-dash-5146.jpg  

Quick Reply: *98-02 CHEAP* LED CONVERSION [cluster, clock, dome, maps, door, plate]