Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

2003-2007 accord coupe oem lip?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
MtZauch
Unregistered
Question 2003-2007 accord coupe oem lip?

My parents are going ape **** because the dude that was gunna paint and install the oem all around lip to my 2003 accord coupe said that because it was fiber glass it was gunna break easy and they would have to had a **** ton of work done to them like sanding, drilling, and fitting before he could even paint and it would cost a **** load of money... im wondering if anyone knows from experience with the oem lip or a fiber glass lip that they could tell me if this were true or not or tell me how it's treated them
please help lol

Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Almost A Senior Member

A fiberglass hat will break easy, too. If you drop it...

Point is, you're unlikely to ever break the lip unless you ride around on uneven roads.

I know quite a few people with lips... They've had them a while... No damage done.

Just depends on where you drive. It's a judgment call. Urethane absorbs impact better, but doesn't hold the paint as well.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
MtZauch
Unregistered

but is it true that before you can even paint it, it costs a lot in sanding, fitting, drilling etc. and people say urethane is a lot better stuff, has a lot less risk, and is less money to do the stuff before painting? what do u think?

Old 12-12-2009, 01:52 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by MtZauch
but is it true that before you can even paint it, it costs a lot in sanding, fitting, drilling etc. and people say urethane is a lot better stuff, has a lot less risk, and is less money to do the stuff before painting? what do u think?
When they go to put the lip kits on, they look to see if everything lines up properly. If it lines up good, then no fitting is necessary. Drilling? Yeah. To the best of my knowledge, the lip kits don't have any of the holes pre-drilled so before it can be installed, the holes have to be drilled in the right spots.

I'm not sure what you mean by sanding, but I found this video for you to help you out a little bit more.

http://www.graspr.com/videos/Fuel-Time-Season-1-Lip-Kit

Old 12-18-2009, 03:05 PM
Default 2003 2007 accord coupe oem lip

I really like the TRD and the RMM,, But I would like to see how the Greddy lip looks as well. It will be a little while before I can get a lip.. Other projects you know.. But I do plan on at least getting a front lip for her some time in the future.