Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

7th Gen projectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Default 7th Gen projectors

Anyone buy 7th gen projectors???

how did they work out?

what did you buy?

looking to buy the black projectors, was wondering if anyone had pics of the angel eyes, black angel eyes, or even the halo projectors.....

or you think its just worth it to go HID???

i want to run a 5000k- 5500k
super bright white... with just a tooooooooouch of blue.... i do not want those super blue fake looking headlights.... just not my style

im diggin the black casings tho... looks hot and looks like you can insert 4-6 smaller bulbs to make the light strip above the high and low beams

let me know what you guys think, thanks

Old 12-17-2008, 09:21 PM
gannett1
Unregistered
Default RE: 7th Gen projectors

I've got some of the same questions. I've got an '03 Accord Coupe.

I'm considering buying a HID Conversion kit (5000-6000k range... any suggestions on what looks better? I want the slightest blueish hue, but a dominantly crystal white) w/ money from this upcoming holiday, and I've been doing a little research, but I've never been a huge mechanical/car person so I've been getting a little confused.

I know I don't want to just put the HID's in the stock housing... I want a halo projector, but I've read that aftermarket projectors are not a very good choice. I had been really interested in these, but now I question how well they'll project the HID light.

I don't want it to look cheap at all, and I'm willing to dish out (or save up) for a retrofitting, but I'm worried a retrofit is beyond my technical capabilities. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Like I said, I've never really done any work on cars other than checking fluids, so this is all new to me.

Sorry for jacking the OP's post, but hopefully he'll get some knowledge from my question.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:34 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well....there are many inputs and choices.

In mine experience and with most others, eBay projectors suck with standard halogen bulbs. Upgrading to Sylvania SilverStars helps, but they burn out in a couple of months and are a complete waste of money. Now, some have put HID's in ebay projectors with mixed results. Some think the output is much better than stock, while others do not. An average joe like yourself or I would most likely think that it is just fine. For example, I had ebay projectors but b/c the light output was so terrible I bought a set of TYC projectors and installed HID's in them and am happy. You must realize that the light output of halogens and hid's are different and putting hid's in a projector designed for halogens such as I have done will not allow you to get the full potential and benefits of an HID lighting system. For the same reason, in most cases stock headlight housings, hid's can cause extreme glare and annoy very many other drivers.

I am happy w/ my TYC's and DDM Tuning 5000k hid's. Doing a retro is not is and is expensive. You also must realize that b/c of the time it takes you cannot drive your car @ night unless you have another set of headlights installed temporarily.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:51 PM
gannett1
Unregistered

Well, I wish I could go w/ TYC but I don't see a Headlamp for the 7th gen. accords on their website.

Any other suggestions would be helpful. I'm really set on taking on this project, but I want to be able to do it right. Buying the actual HID conversion kit isn't the problem it's deciding whether or not to go w/ an aftermarket projector (like the one I posted a picture of) or a retrofitted one, and which kind from those categories.