Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

94 Accord door locks problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 AM
lisam
Unregistered
Default 94 Accord door locks problem

My 94 Accord EX coupe has been having a problem with door locks recently. Whenever I lock the doors (from inside with the ***** or outside with the key), I hear this constant click-click-click noise as if the the doors cannot be locked at the first try and they're being locked again and again. These clicks continue for 10-20-30 times (it's totally random) and then stop, after which the doors are locked. It doesn't matter which door I lock first. It also happens when I start the car when the doors get locked automatically. The locking noise coming from the driver's side door is much louder than the passenger's side.

The locks were working perfectly fine two week ago. Then I had to park the car for a week since I was going out of town. Last week, when I turned it on, the locks started to act strange. This winter was the first when the door locks froze and I could not turn the key in the lock to open the doors. I think water somehow went into the door panel (or the locks) and froze there. I had to forcefully rotate the key and put a lot of torque on the key to open the door. However, it was working fine without any of these clicks until very recently. Can it be related to that?

I'd appreciate any ideas/comments/help...

Lisa M. Stewart