Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Anyone know good shop in LA or OC area?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:15 PM
meowmix1891
Unregistered
Default Anyone know good shop in LA or OC area?

I have recently bought some eibach lowering springss and I am so excited. However i just found out that labor costs will be $300 to lower the car, darn! I am a college student and short of money but want the job done. Does anyone know a trustable place in the LA area where I can get the job done for a lower price? I just joined this forum because I heard it was useful. Thanks guys in advance for the replies

Old 11-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Default RE: Anyone know good shop in LA area?

is there a shop at your college? if so talk one of those guys into doing it

Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 PM
meowmix1891
Unregistered

uhh i dont think there is thanks for the suggestion tho

Old 11-12-2007, 05:59 PM

some colleges or high schools have auto repair as a course. Any chance you could do the work yourself?

Old 11-12-2007, 06:21 PM
meowmix1891
Unregistered

iv never worked on a car before and I heard working with springs can get dangerous. is there maybe a step by step tutorial which I can maybe read over to see if it is feasible for me? hahah thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 10:56 AM
xxEMOxx
Unregistered

If you have never turned a wrench dont start with srpings...... you will hurt yourself.

If you live in L.A. or O.C. there a million shops run by mexicans that are able to replace springs for no more then $150...... (not tryying to be racist thats just our labor force.) $300 is outragous as the time it should take to do the labor on the springs is no more then 2.5 hours and at $80 an hour which is standard shop labor rates it shouldnt be more then $250 at the most. Labor is always the most expensive part of moding a car.

But once you change the springs you will need an alignment or you will be going through tires fast as hell.

If you truely live in L.A. pm me as my mechanic does alot of under the table side work..... 25 year ase certified none the less. He knows his stuff.

Old 11-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Take the shock and spring off as one unit...

It's pretty easy if you know what you're doing... Look at these instructions and links for help...
My suggestion is to remove all units at once, then replace all at once... It becomes menial after that.

Front:
For the front, start with loosening the top, but don't undo it all the way.. don't want whole unit falling on you.
You can remove the damper fork from the connector bolt, then remove the pinch bolt.
The damper fork will need to just slide down off the shock and can rest on the CV axle or the control arm.
Next, push the control arm down hard (have someone push down with their feet or hands), while you finagle the entire unit out.
Now move on to the back.

Back:
In the rear you can unbolt a rod (the one crossing visual paths of the shock in the image, and only remove the side that's connected to the wheel assembly for ease).
Once the bar has been unbolted, it has a rubber bushing and can move back and forth with ease, have it pried up and outwards and the whole unit should slip right out.

Springs:
Once the entire unit has been pulled, use a spring compressor and an impact.. Be sure to use the locking mechanisms for safety!!!! i've seen a spring go through a wall before, so be careful! if they're secured properly and you're not dicking around, you shouldn't have anything to fear, but always remember they are under extremely high compression rates.
Swap the springs, and install in reverse!

You don't have any info about your car, so please post that as well for more help, and put it in your sig please.

Any more questions, let us know!

Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Oh, i forgot to mention, read the suspension faq.

My eibach's lowered my car enough to require a camber kit (which i still need to install) to correct excessive negative camber, and chances yours will too..

Another thing to mention is that if you are on stock struts, expect to replace them soon with these new springs... your OEM struts are not made to support the lowered qualities of these springs!!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Platinum Motorsports
7327 Melrose Avenue
Hollywood, CA 90046
(323) 935 9222

Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM

i got my tein springs and installed for $200. The place that i mod my car is cheap but kinda poor quality. If u r interested, u can ask me for the address.