Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

DIY Fiberglass Lip Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Red face DIY Fiberglass Lip Advice

My 1001st project for my car, I would like to make a longer front lip to introduce some low pressure under my car. I know I can just buy one, but I love learning this stuff.

I notice the 5th gen lip design is already pretty good but with a bigger exhaust and spoked, low pro wheels I find that theres a lot going on under the car and I would like to reduce the drag and noise.

Looking into it I have found some useful things but not too much on specifics. I'm thinking of creating splitters on the sides and a ridge along the bottom to redirect air flow around the car. So combining front splitters with a front spoiler. At the same time I see designs that get a little higher towards the middle. Does that help create the low pressure area?

What designs have you guys found work well for handling, appearance and drag reduction? Any good brands to mimic?

Ill be making this out of fiberglass starting with a foam mold. Ill sketch up some ideas and post them if anyone is pretty good or interested about this.

I found this site and #4 I think is my best bet for all three components I'm going for
Splitter or Air Dam – Which Design is Best? | Hancha Blog

Thanks

Last edited by RobinsonRicer; 08-17-2013 at 09:46 AM.