Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

fog light wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM
074dr
Unregistered
Default fog light wiring

ok first off i have an 07 4 door I4 5speed the fog lights were installed by the dealer when i got the car my question is, is there a way to rewire the fog lights so they come on with the parking lights and do not go off with the high beams? the more light the better imo, i already have hid's in the low beams and the hid's for the fogs are on the way any help would be great thanks

Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: fog light wiring

That feature is a safety precaution on most vehicles,fog lights turn off,when high beams come on...

What you can do is wire your fogs to operate as daylight running lights,Independent to your headlights,but that is a different story,and may be a headache on your car.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:33 PM
074dr
Unregistered

dont think its a saftey feature, brights dont help when its foggy so they assume when your brights are on you dont need fog/driving lights as well but anyways i was just wondering if anyone had bypassed that feature or knew how too

Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM

no it is a safety feature... think of how bright it would be with highs, lows, and fogs on...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
074dr
Unregistered

ok well with that aside how can i rewire them to come on with the parking lights and stay on with the lowbeams

Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM

use a relay on the parking lights to turn the fogs on, but draw the power from the battery

Old 01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
074dr
Unregistered

ok so i was able to use the dealer installed fog light system to make them work the way i wanted it was alot easier than i originally thought. im still working on getting them to cut off with the high beams. for those who are intrested ill tell you how to do it. all you have to do is locate the fog light relay(inbetween the strut tower and firewall on the drivers side) unplug it and remove the terminal protection clip. look for two blue wires with silver markingsgoing to the #4 pin pull the terminal out of the connector(these wireswill not be reused) tape it of,f cap it whatever it takes to keep it from contacting anything. the now for the empty slot in the connector you will need a female spade terminal, ring terminaland some wire(10-12 gauge) the spade terminal goes in the empty slot in the connector then find a good spot for a ground(i used the bracket that the relay is bolted to)then just plug in the relay. the fog lights should turn on with theparking lights and then stay on with the high and low beams. the factory fog light switch still works so you can turn themon or off whenneeded. like i said above im going to work on having them cut off with the high beams but still work with the parking lights and low beams