Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Headlight suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Default Headlight suggestions?

I don't really want to change much on my SE, but I think I may want to upgrade the headlights, as the lights appear somewhat dim to me when not using the high beams.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some cool looking lights that will also offer a performance increase?

Thanks.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:11 PM

You cannot get better than OEM lights. They offer the best quality output and overtake anything you'll find on ebay or any online store.

You say your light appears dim. Have you checked the obvious, the bulb? Maybe invest in cleaning your headlights.

Are you looking to maybe blackhouse them? That will add a nice touch and you still keep your stock headlights.

You want projector headlights? Maybe a retrofit? Just some suggestions bro.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:46 PM

The clear housings are spotless, so that's not the issue. As for the bulbs, they are probably fine, but I guess I'm just looking for more light when using the standard lights.

I was thinking about projector lights, but don't know where to start. And most units appear rather pricey. However, I've seen some "halo" lights and they look rather appealing and give the car a bit more flair.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by HondaAficionado
The clear housings are spotless, so that's not the issue. As for the bulbs, they are probably fine, but I guess I'm just looking for more light when using the standard lights.

I was thinking about projector lights, but don't know where to start. And most units appear rather pricey. However, I've seen some "halo" lights and they look rather appealing and give the car a bit more flair.
Hmm...did you happen to see these "halos" on ebay? If you did, please don't. They have HORRIBLE light output so that's not what you want. Like I said before, the best light output will be put out by your stock lights or a retrofit project. Nothing more will put out better light output unless you add some bright fogs!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:55 PM

just drop in some plug-n-play hid's. 6k for maximum brightness

Old 06-08-2009, 08:21 AM

Who makes a good HId kit? Are any mods needed to the housings? I'm looking for something better then oem.

Old 06-08-2009, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Thinkmoto
Who makes a good HId kit? Are any mods needed to the housings? I'm looking for something better then oem.
DDMtuning dot com. That is the BEST bang for your buck. A LOT of members have them and for $85 shipped you get a lifetime warranty and slim ballasts and NO mods need to be made to the headlights. You simply disconnect your stock lights and put these in.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:27 PM

I ordered the raptor kit 35W 4500K $40 i've heard excellent reviews about these on CEG. I'll try them out and post my findings.