Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID kit Install pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:17 PM
canolli
Unregistered
Default HID kit Install pictures

Hey guys,

I just bought a 6000K kit to put in my 2004and was wondering how other's have it installed. I want to put everything in safe locations wereit won't get damaged or have moving around. Any pictures would be very helpfull.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Default RE: HID kit Install pictures

ORIGINAL: canolli

Hey guys,

I just bought a 6000K kit to put in my 2004and was wondering how other's have it installed. I want to put everything in safe locations wereit won't get damaged or have moving around. Any pictures would be very helpfull.

Thanks
great someone else wants to blind me.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM

hahaha i dont think i blind anybody. well at least i havent been flashed and ive had mine for a while. unless youre really low then jsut about everybody will be blinding you

btw i believe i described how i installed mine in another post

Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

hahaha i dont think i blind anybody. well at least i havent been flashed and ive had mine for a while. unless youre really low then jsut about everybody will be blinding you
if it isnt a retrofit, its illegal and you can hurt someone. the glare compare to the retrofit is unbelievable. there no cutoff whatsoever, the light just goes everywhere. looks cheap and fake too. nothing personal, lol

Old 09-23-2007, 11:43 PM

haha its ok im not gonna take it persoanlly. i do agree though the retrofit is far superior but i dont think the glare is overwhelming at all. true there is no true cutoff but the light doesnt go far too high. ive had my lights on near cops and i havent been pulled over for it (knoock on wood)

Old 09-24-2007, 06:13 PM

haha its ok im not gonna take it persoanlly. i do agree though the retrofit is far superior but i dont think the glare is overwhelming at all. true there is no true cutoff but the light doesnt go far too high. ive had my lights on near cops and i havent been pulled over for it (knoock on wood)
in my state, the DMV wont pass you unless your retrofitted. im just gonna wait for the real deal.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Velocifero

if it isnt a retrofit, its illegal and you can hurt someone. the glare compare to the retrofit is unbelievable. there no cutoff whatsoever, the light just goes everywhere. looks cheap and fake too. nothing personal, lol
Uh... last I checked, custom retros aren't DOT Approved either. Might I point out that if you're on a two-way OR 4-way, projectors DO blind people from 1500ft and beyond. I've had to squint several times on my way to work (50-mile commute w/ half on two-way state highway) with a G35 coming at me. Just shake my head at those that bash "non-retros" as if the retros are ever so perfect. Aiming is the RIGHT thing to do. I've seenHIDs in trucks that were not designed for 'em, and don't get blinded (and I'm driving my AV6). Aim 'em right, and they won't impair an oncoming driver no more than stock HIDs in projectors (or reflectives).

Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 AM

I agree with zro26t, when i had my projecots everyone flashed me and not in the good way. now that i have my HIDs in the stock housing the light is on the ground where it is supposed to be.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:23 PM

BTW... you don't have to aim them much to achieve comfortable levels for HIDs in reflective housings.

The pictures in the following linkseem as if the camera adjusted the brightness, but you get the idea...

HIDs in stock housings (NOT mine, but some other person's post)