Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

HID is the only way to go!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 12:15 AM
HID87Accord
Unregistered
Default HID is the only way to go!

I originally replaced the stock H6059 sealed beams with the Hella H4 conversion and one of PIAA's super white lights. This made a better look and a better light pattern, but wasn't any brighter than the stock.

I was recommended going with the Catz Zeta system which is supposed to brighten the lights considerably. Well, it seemed to do a better job (when you turn on the lights, a couple of seconds after the lights come on the Zeta system kicks in and they get brighter -kind of light having a three-way bulb and going from 100 watts to 150 watts). The problem with this system is that it greatly reduced the longevity of the bulbs which already don't last as long as OEM bulbs in the first place. Every few months I had to replace a blown bulb! It slowly became a very expensive hobby!!! On top of that, it was affecting my electrical system too!

Now that I was spoiled, I had to choose between the drain to my electrical system and frequently blowing bulbs and a dim stock lighting system. I chose to go back with the OEM system, but that got old quick, so I had them reinstall the Catz system again. That was annoying, so I took out the Catz and left the H4 lenses. It was satifactory until I found something better -and I did...

HID! But it was too expensive. Then I found HID conversion kits on eBay for about the same price as the Zeta conversion. They are pretty easy to install in you have some electrical experience, but the pop-up headlights are a chore to install, so I had a reputable car stereo shop THAT GUARANTEED THEIR WORK do it and once the lights were properly adjusted for this conversion, the lighting was AWESOME! As good or better than any OEM HID system on the road. Mine only works in low-beam form, but there are HI/LOW beam kits available for about 30-40% more money. I never need the hi beams so I am satisfied with my set-up and I will never go back to halogen!