Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Honda paint and tree sap

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda paint and tree sap

I was unable to park in my normal spot yesterday due to roof work be done at my shop. Last night I noticed a lot of little rust color dots on the paint of my 2014 Accord.
At first I thought it was the roof sealent that was being sprayed on the roof. But then after I thought about it couldn't be the sealent. The sealent is bright white.
I had to park across the street from my shop and I decided to park under some trees to gat shade on Accord during. I am 99.9% the rust colored dots are tree sap. How can I get this tree sap off of my paint. It is only on the hood, trunk and roof.
I was thinking of using mineral spirits but then though that it would mess up the paint. Any ideas?

Old 07-10-2014, 05:17 PM

well what color is your car, for my white car I was able to use rubbing alcohol to get it off, but if your car is any other color besides white, it will show where you have used it. for other color cars you can use white vinegar and then make sure you keep the car waxed and it will come off easier. for my car it really doesn't matter, the paint is in really crappy condition so I am already planning on painting it rather then saving what is there.

Last edited by Honda_Lady; 07-10-2014 at 05:20 PM.