General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hit a tree 04 sadan

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM
clutch it up
Unregistered
Default hit a tree 04 sadan

so last night ******** dident plow ar salt the roads and i hit a tree. air bag came out was wondering if i had to replace any impact censer i would also like to know where to get cheaper parts i need a hood, driver side airbag, front bumper cover and impact bar. how do you reset the seat belt from the locked position. how do you reset the airbag dash light. thank you for any help

Last edited by clutch it up; 02-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Let's go through this together:

Originally Posted by clutch it up
so last night ******** dident plow ar salt the roads and i hit a tree.
So it's somebody else fault you didn't take caution by slowing down when you come to an unplowed road? Not their fault.

air bag came out was wondering if i had to replace any impact censer
Your car will be marked as totalled by the insurance company. Air bags and their components are expensive, probably a good $1000 or more if you DIY (which I do not recommend)

i would also like to know where to get cheaper parts i need a hood, driver side airbag, front bumper cover and impact bar.
Junkyard is always the cheapest and easiest. Try car-part.com to search your local yards. You also probably need a lot more in parts than just what you listed. Radiator support, etc. If the airbags went off, there is definitely more damage.

how do you reset the seat belt from the locked position.
Pull on it and slowly let it retract.

how do you reset the airbag dash light. thank you for any help
Depends. You can try just disconnecting the battery, but since the airbags went off, the unit may need to be replaced to get the light off.