Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Installing HID's and LEDs in 2010 Accord Sadan.

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Default Installing HID's and LEDs in 2010 Accord Sadan.

I have read a few post on putting HID's in factory accord reflector housing, but haven't really been able to gather whether it is worth the trouble. I have am expensive set of 4300K lowbeams in my wife's projector lights and know what I am looking for, so I bought some $34 ebay 5K HID's to put in my accord to see what you would get for the time and money. I also bought a bunch of LEDs on ebay for put in the remaining lights minus the high beams and fogs. I know that I will most likely need to add resistors to the blinker leds to keep them from blinking really fast. I figure I would do everything all at one and post the before, during and after to let you make up you own mind on HIDs in a factor reflector and if LEDs are worth the effort. I have the HID's, but it may be about a month before I get all the leds from EBAY since they are coming from China. I also ordered a LED strip like those on an Audi and see what it would do for both DRL and looks. I would also be disabling the high beam drl and add relay to allow the new led DRLs to come one with the ebrake off instead of an on/off switch.

If anyone has done this and wants to suggest anything or add any pointers they are welcome. If there is another post about this please let me know.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:09 PM

I added HID's to the low and high beam of my 07. I disabled the drls by pulling the fuse. I also added a strip of LED's to the bottom of the headlamps (Audi style.) I ran the power for the LED strips through the firewall and hooked to a fuse in the kick panel. I can not recall but I picked a fuse that had power when the ignition is turned on. It certainly turns a lot of heads.

If you bought the peel and stick LED strips off ebay you will need to do a little work to get them right. You will have to cut to length. Cutting too close to a LED will make that LED or several dim so be careful and don't cut too close to an LED (every 3.) The adhesive is poor at best. I stripped mine off and added 3M outdoor double sided tape (grey color.) I also had to dremel a notch for the wires in the bumper to get the bumper to fully seat (you cannot notice this, just be sure to take your time.)

Good luck, ebay stuff normally takes a bit more work to make right then using top brands.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:22 PM

The LED's I bought are not the flat ones you are referring to. I had those on he wife's beetle and didn't put out the amount of light that I expected. I bought her another kind and man are they bright. These much bigger are going to require a are gonna take some work to get right.

Audi Style LED Strip Lights | Euro Style LED Strips | LED DRL Lights

Will you post a pic so I can get an idea of what they would look like?

I want to be able to turn my DRLs on and off because when we go to the drive in and leave the car on we end up bothering the people in front of us with out DRLs. I attached a relay on my wife's car to turn the DRLs on when the ebrake light goes off and it works great.

Last edited by dowell47; 01-14-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:48 AM

I would post a pic but the car is stored away for the winter. I have it parked in the garage on jack stands with the front of the car about 6 inches from the wall with the battery out. I will see if I have any pictures somewhere

Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Thanks man, any pics would help!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by dowell47
Thanks man, any pics would help!
Sorry man, can't help you out. The only pics I have is entire front end pics that doesn't much show the install. I am off work on Wednesday, I will see if I can get a couple pics of the notch I dremel'd out.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 PM

Thanks Man!