Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

I bought myself a present! :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 AM
Default I bought myself a present! :)

Hey guys, i took the plunge and picked up some TYC projectors got them on ebay from someone just south of me used (in fantastic shape) for about 100 bucks total.. they are in really good condition and i took the time out today to install them ..

total time involved was pretty much 2 hours exactly.. that's including the time i spent trying to get the headlights out without taking the bumper cover off at first.. lol.. i finally decided that my efforts were useless and just took it off anyway.. which i'm glad i did because now i know how to get it off, and exactly how to swap headlights on 6th gen accords

Anyway.. i took pics before, during, and after for your viewing pleasure..

here's the link to the album

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...hp?albumid=927

I'm quite suprised at the cutoffs on them.. they aren't really that horrible for not being true HID worthy projectors.. but they aren't really all that spectacular either when compared to a TRUE projector cutoff..

I'm going to install a DDM H1 kit in them down the road when i get some extra spending cash.. and potentially WAY later down the road i'll retro-fit some TSX projectors in them..

i discovered when i went to aim them that i'll have to take them back out sometime soon and fix the projectors.. the mounting system isn't really that spectacular, and both projectors are sorta loose in the housings.. one side is worse than the other... shouldn't be too bad to fix though..

so yeah, check them out...

Overall i like the TYC's and i'm glad i bought them over the Anzo's.. i much prefer the look of these to anything else i've seen so far.. the cheap ebay knockoff projectors are nice looking.. but i think i like these even better...

I'm ecstatic about the significant overall look improvement i gained.. next up for visual improvements.. factory style wing, fogs, HID's and tinted tail lights(i may just get removable blackouts in case i have problems with cops around here)

oh by the way, if you're wondering.. they do perform quite well.. the independently adjustable high/low beams makes it nice to fine tune the aim of both sets of lighting.. the projectors aren't too shabby for what they cost overall, and with plain old H1 halogens in them they do a darn good job of lighting the road.. i can honestly say that i can actually see the road better at night with these than my OEM headlights.. i can see further too without blinding the crap out of oncoming drivers.. if you're considering spending money on TYC's for your accord i'd say go for it.. i personally think they are worth it because of the appearance improvement and the fact that they are projectors.. (maybe not at full retail, but that's what shopping is all about)

Later,

~Moddage