Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Legality of Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Default RE: Legality of Projectors

wait so blue lights r illegal even if they stamped?

Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I finally got a response, more in depth.

(625 ILCS 5/12‑201) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑201)  Sec. 12‑201. When lighted lamps are required.  (a) When operated upon any highway in this State, every motorcycle shall at all times exhibit at least one lighted lamp, showing a white light visible for at least 500 feet in the direction the motorcycle is proceeding. However, in lieu of such lighted lamp, a motorcycle may be equipped with and use a means of modulating the upper beam of the head lamp between high and a lower brightness. No such head lamp shall be modulated, except to otherwise comply with this Code, during times when lighted lamps are required for other motor vehicles.  (b) All other motor vehicles shall exhibit at least 2 lighted head lamps, with at least one on each side of the front of the vehicle, which satisfy United States Department of Transportation requirements, showing white lights, including that emitted by high intensity discharge (HID) lamps, or lights of a yellow or amber tint, during the period from sunset to sunrise, at times when rain, snow, fog, or other atmospheric conditions require the use of windshield wipers, and at any other times when, due to insufficient light or unfavorable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles on the highway are not clearly discernible at a distance of 1000 feet. Parking lamps may be used in addition to but not in lieu of such head lamps. Every motor vehicle, trailer, or semi‑trailer shall also exhibit at least 2 lighted lamps, commonly known as tail lamps, which shall be mounted on the left rear and right rear of the vehicle so as to throw a red light visible for at least 500 feet in the reverse direction, except that a truck tractor or road tractor manufactured before January 1, 1968 and all motorcycles need be equipped with only one such tail lamp.  (c) Either a tail lamp or a separate lamp shall be so constructed and placed as to illuminate with a white light a rear registration plate when required and render it clearly legible from a distance of 50 feet to the rear. Any tail lamp or tail lamps, together with any separate lamp or lamps for illuminating a rear registration plate, shall be so wired as to be lighted whenever the head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.  (d) A person shall install only head lamps that satisfy United States Department of Transportation regulations and show white light, including that emitted by HID lamps, or light of a yellow or amber tint for use by a motor vehicle.  (e) For purposes of this Section, a custom vehicle or street rod is considered to be in compliance with all vehicle lamp requirements if it has passed the approved safety inspection provided for in Section 3‑804.1 or 3‑804.2. (Source: P.A. 91‑130, eff. 1‑1‑00; 91‑135, eff. 1‑1‑00; 92‑16, eff. 6‑28‑01; 92‑668, eff. 1‑1‑03.)
Looks like ill be having to get white angel eyes

Old 07-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

At least they'll be cool during the dark...and who uses lights during the daytime? I don't.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I suppose.
Ill leave my angel eyes on all the time now! lol

Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well I bought these projectors!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...:IT&ih=005
Whatcha guys think?!
Do you think the light output will be very blue b/c of the lens color? Im hoping not. I really REALLY do not want a ticket b/c of something such as that.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If it bothers you that much, I think you can bake the lights, peel them back, then remove the bluish lens.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:15 PM

nice!!! i just ordered a pair monday and they also have the blue lenses.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:42 AM

after reading that long passage or watever it didnt look like it said that the blue halos were illegal all i read was the requirements of headlights and it sounds as if as long as your headlight emits a white light and your taillights emit red light you should be fine so i THINK you couldve gone with blue halos if you wanted

well in any case those projectors are nice tell us how they are when you put them in

Old 07-13-2007, 07:56 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

^ That is true!

Does anyone have the blue lens, and if so, is it a very blue color?

I may just put these in the for sale section of our forum and take a little loss[:@] once I get them

Old 07-16-2007, 08:24 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Wahoo! The projctors I ordered are on backorder so I am getting a refund!

Anyways, what do you guys think about these w/ the purple lens? Will the light be purple? I have seen some projectors with purple lens, but from the side, they appear clear.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...416&rd=1,1

Quick Reply: Legality of Projectors