Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Legality of Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 PM
Tangaccord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Legality of Projectors

My angel eyes aren't even visible during the day and barely so at night. I have yet to get pulled over for my projectors. I also have shaved door handles, straight pipes, and big *** wing and a car that is Tangerine Orange and I haven't been messed with once...my guess it you will be alirght unless you get a cop that is just a complete d*ck head

Old 07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

When I get my projectors im ripping out the leds and replacing them with 13k mcd ones. Those will be bright as heck!
Do your projectors have a colored lens, like the one I just posted?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 PM

hey Tangaccord97 post pics!

19Accord97 those projectors look really nice it MIGHT have a slight purple hue since blue lens gives your light a bluish hue if you do get them stick a light bulb in it to test before you put them on just to see if you like the possibly purple light

whats 13k mcd leds?

Old 07-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Just do what he did: Gen7Accord Club // View topic - I am putting HID in eBay headlights

There'll be slight pooling of purplish haze but for the most part it looks nice.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Hid's are to expensive for me! I am just looking for a SLIGHT blue or white color of headlight w/ sweet looks.

LED's have a variety of ratings to them, such as volts, viewing angle, and mcd which is basically brightness. I would guess the leds in the headlights are MAYBE 5-6k mcd. So these should be really really bright compared to the ones already installed. The brightest ones at Radio Shack are around 7,500 mcd. I have the leds in my room right now! Besides, the LED's in the projectors are crap and usually burn out within 6 months. So I am replacing them before I even install the headlights and they have a life rating of about 100,000 hours meaning they wont burn out in my lifetime!

When I buy projectors Ill plug them in and show the before and after pics. But if the ones I buy have blue halos, and I am putting in white led's it wont be the exact same but youll see the difference brightness wise. So really you can change the color of the halos and could even put color changing or blinking led's in there if you wanted!

I <3 LED's

Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 AM

leds are pretty awesome so wait if you were going to change out the led to begin with why did it matter matter what color halo the projector came with? just a question

i really want to learn how towork with leds like adding them in my car or something
i saw an auction on ebay for buttloads of leds for pretty cheap i was thinkin about gettin some and jsut puttin leds on EVERYTHING haha

Old 07-17-2007, 11:36 AM

i got the ebay projectors and to tell you the truth i wasnt very happy with them. The halo wasnt bright at all and i couldnt see them when the lights were on. As far as getting pulled over, never happened. I had the blue halos on all the time and not eve apeep out of the police. also my halo led's burned out in under 6 months. The purple tint doesnt mean that it emits a purple light. its because of the convex (or is it concave? i never know) but the way that the lense is only a certain wavelength of light gets through when looking at it. if you stand to the side of the car when the lights are on you can see a different color, but it wont be what it emmits. Mine are sometimes green and orange. And ive taken pics at night time without the lights on or the flash on the camera and the red eye reducer makes the lights look like their on fire. its pretty cool.

Right now im in the process of repainting the interior of my stock headlights black. Ive already got one finished, i just have to finish the other one. ill post pics of what they look like when their finished.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:07 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: HuYnHness

leds are pretty awesome so wait if you were going to change out the led to begin with why did it matter matter what color halo the projector came with? just a question

i really want to learn how towork with leds like adding them in my car or something
i saw an auction on ebay for buttloads of leds for pretty cheap i was thinkin about gettin some and jsut puttin leds on EVERYTHING haha
Well I just needed to know whether the blue was legal or not.

As for led's they are really easy to work with. I havent doen anything with them in awhile though As a matter of fact, I made my own custom underlighting with led's and I thought it was pretty sweet!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:09 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Fenix

i got the ebay projectors and to tell you the truth i wasnt very happy with them. The halo wasnt bright at all and i couldnt see them when the lights were on. As far as getting pulled over, never happened. I had the blue halos on all the time and not eve apeep out of the police. also my halo led's burned out in under 6 months. The purple tint doesnt mean that it emits a purple light. its because of the convex (or is it concave? i never know) but the way that the lense is only a certain wavelength of light gets through when looking at it. if you stand to the side of the car when the lights are on you can see a different color, but it wont be what it emmits. Mine are sometimes green and orange. And ive taken pics at night time without the lights on or the flash on the camera and the red eye reducer makes the lights look like their on fire. its pretty cool.

Right now im in the process of repainting the interior of my stock headlights black. Ive already got one finished, i just have to finish the other one. ill post pics of what they look like when their finished.
The brightness of the halo and quality doesnt bother me, because I will be replacing the led's for the halo rings with much brighter ones before I even install them on my car.
Thanks for the knowledge of the color! I think its convex, because concave is like a cave where it goes in. haha I remember that from middle school. Anyways, I think I might run up to the police department and ask whether they are legal or not. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:28 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Check out this link. The guy is using 1,000 mcd leds. Mine will be 13x more bright!!! The ones in the pictures look more closely like the brightness of the ones w/ the projectors eh? So mine will be super bright!

http://www.crx.lt/honda_crx/content/...php?content.16

Quick Reply: Legality of Projectors