Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Probs with LED Headlights, In Dash Display, Subs

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:54 PM
jarmiz
Unregistered
Default Probs with LED Headlights, In Dash Display, Subs

So I just purchased a bunch of mods and a friend installed most of them today. I have a 2000 4cyl EX Sedan. I'm experiencing a couple problems, I'm not a car person I just like cool stuff so please don't use lingo too over my head. Here's whats wrong:

The big problem is my LED Halo Headlights, he installed them and they aren't even, one is higher then the other and they are both too low, they light up only to a little below eye level and I have to ride with my high beams on to be able to drive safely!

Another problem is with my JL w3s, they bump when they want to but they go out from time to time. Theyll hit hard and then go out in the middle of a part when they should bump hard...it's an on and off thing...is this normal? I thought they would go crazy all the time, not go in and out.

Lastly with my Alpine IVA-D900 in dash system. got it installed today but can't figure out how to connect ipod? also how do i connect bluetooth? What models are compatible with my system? Very lost with this thing but it's pretty cool!

Any input would be appreciated thanks in advance! Miz

Old 09-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Default RE: Probs with LED Headlights, In Dash Display, Subs

there should be adjustment screws/bolts on the back of the headlights somewhere but i have no clue where.

i kinda have the same problem with my sub.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

For the sub, does it hit at first and then can't suspend? If so, try a capacitor and check that you have an adequate ground ..... it should be a size or 2 larger than the (+) lead. For the iPod, you need an adapter that uses the CD changer plug like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Rr6qpQZ...sp?i=127ICALPA

Also, I didn't see anything that would indicate that the unit has Bluetooth. Very nice receiver!!!

Please put car info in your signature .... year/trim/doors/tranny

Old 09-10-2007, 12:10 PM

cant suspend? mine hits for a lil bit and it sounds good then at times it doesnt. i had it set to full frequency so when it didnt hit, i think it was still playing highs. i was supposing it was a problem with my amp. or im hoping the sub didnt get damaged. it was never used but has been stored for a few years.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:36 PM

If the subs are not physically damaged while stored, they should be ok. I have a pair of mid-90's JBL's that work fine when I use them for anything. By suspend, I mean that the bass hits and is supposed to stay on, but dies out because the amp can't sustain the power required. This is where a cap will help. If it is truely intermittant, it's probably the amp but that does not sound like the problem that you are experiencing. If you have a sound program that you can generate a tone or have a bass test CD, try playing a 75HZ tone and see if it can sustain it. Then try the same tone in rapid sucession. This will allow you to describe what happens better.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:43 PM

hey thanks falkore i think you were right about the amp not being able to handle the load. it can handle a single pitch fine but wont handle a heavy bassed song. i just tried it today. and the sub works fine but if i turn it too loud, it goes boom boom flat...... boom boom flat...... etc. im guessin stronger amp would help too?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:58 PM

Maybe a more powerful amp, but if the initial hit is the right power then the cap will help. If you have over 500 Watts RMS, I'd recomend having a cap. The rule is up to 1000W per farad. Before I killed my sub amp, I was pushing about 550 Watts RMS total and had a farad hooked up. Also, the cap protects the car's electrical system and components from the voltage spikes caused by the bass.