Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Projectors for the 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Projectors for the 2007?

ORIGINAL: JackTheMetalHead

ORIGINAL: finch13

Yeah, I got random cheap ($130) eBay ones for my 5th gen and they turned out to be higher quality Anzo's. You're looking at much more than $300 for a retrofit.
Well I guess I'll message the seller and ask if they will fit in my 07. Also customlightz said it would be 300, then shipping I guess would be more
Plus shipping and whatever projectors you want in the OEM housings and any custom work you have done. That's why you end up spending more. So if you want a retrofit I'd start hunting for used TSX housings.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:39 PM

i've wanted to place halo projectors on my accord also but i have heard many negative things but i LOVE how they look though.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:09 PM

Plus shipping and whatever projectors you want in the OEM housings and any custom work you have done. That's why you end up spending more. So if you want a retrofit I'd start hunting for used TSX housings.
Yeah I'm not looking to spend a lot, that's hwy i turned to this alternative!

ORIGINAL: HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007

i've wanted to place halo projectors on my accord also but i have heard many negative things but i LOVE how they look though.
what negaitve things have you heard about them? and i'm really interested in getting the halos because they are blue and it'll go with my blue accord

Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 AM

ORIGINAL: JackTheMetalHead

what negaitve things have you heard about them? and i'm really interested in getting the halos because they are blue and it'll go with my blue accord

They're not bright at all... AT ALL. Don't expect to look like a Beemer. If you ever end up opening them... replace the 2 LEDs with some Luxeon LEDs and you'll be good to go. Another thing with blue, cops don't like it, but again you can't see them. They look purty though!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM

They're not bright at all... AT ALL. Don't expect to look like a Beemer. If you ever end up opening them... replace the 2 LEDs with some Luxeon LEDs and you'll be good to go. Another thing with blue, cops don't like it, but again you can't see them. They look purty though!
Yeah true about the cops, especially in my area, is it fairly easy to replace the LEDs? i found this:

http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?i...=LXK2-PW14-V00

And i'm trying to find reviews about the projectors but i can't find much. And when i do they are not good, bad visilbily and width, but I don't plan on keeping the stock halogens in that long. Also i just learned that Anzo makes these headlights and on MTR.com they say it's compatible with the 2007 and on anzos website it only says 03-05.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 PM

thats exactly what i have heard.that they are not bright,which sucks.i want it to look like the new beemer's halo's or the scion tc halos.those look real sexy!

Old 05-31-2008, 11:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I had them on my 5th gen as well in black.

The light output wasnt very good at all, even with $50 Sylvania Silverstar bulbs.

Like Finch said, you never really can see the Halos. The only time people will notice them is when it is pitch black and you have your headlights off, or you just have the halos on when its just about to get dark outside and people flash you to turn your lights off.

Many people say the halo rings burn out within a month or so. This is because your supposed to hook the halos (Which are wired seperatly in most cases) to a 12v power supply. However, most leds (which are what the halo rings are lit with) only need usually 3.4 volts. Giving leds to much power detroys the diode and makes them burn up. I hooked them to a 5v power supply and they never burned out in the time I had them in.

Finch suggested replacing the leds with brighter ones which is a very good idea.
Before I even ordered my halos I planned on doing that and ordered some 12,000 (or 20,000 i forget)mcd leds which are pretty bright! And planned on desoldering the old ones out and soldering the new ones in so people could actually see them. On my headlights though I couldnt get to them. I even drilled a huge hole in the bottom of the housing and then realized in order to replace the leds I would have to bake them in the oven and take them apart. Which is possible. I did it on my tali lights and it was easy.

If you put hids in them, it will melt the housing. I kept asking people before I bought my projctors how they were and many kept telling me that the output was horrible. I ignored them, bought them, installed them, took them out, and sold them. <---- I guess they were right.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:18 AM

I had mine hooked up to the 12v parking light power the whole time I had them on my car (roughly a year or so) and never had a problem. You can hook them up to 12v as long as the resistance on the LED is correct.

The only way you can replace the LEDs is by opening up the housings. Even then it looks like the LEDs will pop out of the housing, but they are attached pretty good in there. I have the 4 halos from my lights sitting in my tool box, I might do something with them.... I might even DIY rectangular halos for my stock 6th gen housings......

Old 06-02-2008, 11:16 AM

So then I guess i will have to buy tsx projectors and have them retrofitted or do it myself which I think would be impossible. I found a pair of angel eyes on retro-solutions.com and I wonder if I could put them around my daytimes? That'd be sick! Would it be hard to do a retro myself?