Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Questions on showroom vehicles

Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Default Questions on showroom vehicles

Ok...so I sell Hondas. Not advertising my inventory here, just asking for advice on mods for various models slated for the showroom(s). I want to know what a new car buyer/owner would like to already have done with the car...not limited to the model listed, just an example.

The victim: 2012 Accord Coupe EX-L, Black/Black

Possible mods: HID's, plasti dip chrome tirm on front clip and around windows, HFP 19" wheels and tires, front/back underbody spoiler(either painted to match or contrast), pinstriping, wheel locks, splash guards, all weather mats + trunk tray...

Anyone think that would make it stand out/sell faster/look fast sitting still/etc.?
Helpful comments and advice/tips are being shamelessly solicited and welcome.

No prank/solicitous emails/comments please

Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM

If it says "Mugen" or "JDM" Honda fanboys will go ape over it. Yellow lens for lights are very popular out here in the Pacific Northwest.

I personally hate pinstriping on Hondas, but if you see it a lot down there I say go for it. Maybe look for a Honda meet and go look at what is popular in your region at the time. The car getting the most "oohs" and "ahhs" is the one you want to aim for

Maybe consider some conservative lowering springs or coilovers paired with good shocks to get rid of some of the gap, and a camber kit to keep everything looking decent. If you want it to look faster sitting lowering it is one of the best ways to do so.

Don't go Fast and Furious with it, no spoilers or graphics (other than the pinstriping if you think that is popular). Tinted windows could be a plus, as could painting the calipers a flashy color like red or gold. Underbody spoilers/air dams look good though, I've always liked them a lot. Just steer clear of any big flashy trunk spoilers.

Getting the valve cover powdercoated to match the color of the car would also be another way to attract attention with the hood popped, if the car is a color other than silver or black. Those colors are kind of bland on a valve cover. If it's red, white, gold etc that will brighten up the engine bay in a nice way and draw a buyer's eye.

An engine dress kit (colored hoses) could also brighten up the engine bay. Another thing I've always liked is braided hoses. They'll give the car a more aftermarket look that will probably appeal to some people.

One thing to consider is you might not make all the money you put into mods like this back when you sell the car. So if you have a small profit margin (not sure how big your lot is) it might not be the best idea to mod cars before selling them. Sometimes they can make the car less appealing to people. Keep them conservative if you do decide to do anything I've listed. Keep it understated, not flashy. Or, again, go to an Accord meet in your area and ask around; what would people in your area like to see in a dealership lot? Connect with your target audience. They'll be able to give you the best idea of local trends, and that's what you want to capitalize on here!

Good luck, I'll post more as I think of them!

Last edited by Peli; 10-03-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 PM

a quick tip. look at what model car it is for instance if its a v6 loaded its gone appeal to someone with a family or has more money so keep it as close to stock as you can if tis a i4 base model you can put 19"s a lip kit and make it look fast for the younger buyer with a smaller budget. it works in Santa Ana.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Peli, you put out a good msg to the dealer man..Very Good..

Old 10-04-2011, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Peli, you put out a good msg to the dealer man..Very Good..
Well I do work in sales so I think about these things every so often