Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Default Running Lights

Ok i have the jdm replica corner lens and it only has one hole for a bulb so i only put in the running light for the corner lens. I have a 95 so my bumper light i use as my turn signal. my question is, its there a way i can have the bumper and corner light be the running lights and still have my bumper light be the turn signal too. i have seen an accord onthe internetwhere he had the bumper lens and cornerlens as running lights but he must have had the turn signal in the corner lights. thanks

Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Running Lights

Without adding a second bulb in there you'd need to find a way to wire a circut that would cut power from the constant 12v lead and force it into a blinker relay when you turned on your blinker...... that is if I understand you correctly...

Old 10-02-2007, 05:19 PM

that sounds right. i looked into doing similar with my rear light bar. i wanted the whole bar to light w/ the brakes applied; but still have either side blink w/ or w/o brakes. it was going to be too much hassle so its only used for the turns.
good luck.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:22 PM

If your corner lights are on constantly but blink when the turn signal is activate you could always wire your bumper lights off of that. Just splice into it, this way they are always on but blink when you apply the blinker.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:17 PM

(Ill try to reexplain my self since i didnt word that last one good, but i think u got the drift)
I know for my year accord (95) the oem corner lights hold two bulbs, one beingthe running lights and the other bulbs as the turn signal, also the turn signal is in the bumper lights too. since my new corner lights only holds one bulb each, i put the running lights in since i have the bumper lights as the turn signal too. so i dont haveto have 2 turn signals plus it looks better. I was hoping to find a way to have the bumper lights be running lights too but still have it be the turn signal. i was wondering what electrical work i have to do to do this and if i am able to conquor this project. i think u guys understood me the first time. by what sirnasty said i think i know how to do it now, maybe. if i splice into the running lights wire in the corner lensthen splice into the bumper light wire and connect them, will that work for what i want and will the turn signal connection overtake the running light connection when i need to signal and then go back to being a running light after im done signaling?