Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Some Mod questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Some Mod questions...

My car... 1990 Honda Accord LX Coupe.

Looking to do some mods to the car, and I have a couple of questions, some perhaps stupid, but all honest, and I'd like to get some technical expertise from people who have done/know how to do some of these mods.

1. The "Audi" headlight LED look. How would I go about removing the glass lens from the front of the headlight, I know there are clips on there, but even after taking those clips off (of one at the Junkyard, I'm not wrecking my own car with experiments lol) the lens did not come off. I figured the metal clips held it on, and that there was a gasket behind to prevent fogging, but I couldn't remove the lens at all.

1a. Once the lens is off, how do I wire the LED strip to run constantly (when the car is running). I was thinking of wiring directly to the ACC output, but I would rather someone who has the expertise to explain the best place to wire it.

1b. Is there any way to mod the stock headlights to give it a look similar to this...
90 91 92 93 HONDA ACCORD JDM BLACK HEADLIGHTS + CORNER | eBay

2. Fog Lights. For my car I was wondering if anyone knows of a write up to install Fog Lights so that they are on only when the Low Beams are on.

3. Altezza/Euro taillights. I like these...
90-91 Honda Accord Altezza Tail Lights JDM Black 4 PCS | eBay

But in the photos you can see from behind that the outer settings don't have a place to put lights in. Could they be modded to accept lights? I love the setup, but I would want to put lights in those outer setups, the extreme outer one as a blinker and the middle one as a brake light.

I understand Ebay isn't always the best quality place, yet even searching around the web, I can't find setups that have lights in all the places. For some reason they always have the lights only in certain places, and the rest are just superfluous.

I will probably add more to this thread when I have the time, but until then, if I could get some info on these questions.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:08 PM

It would be very nice mod, but i don't think the the head light can be open up, but i could be wrong.

Old 06-27-2011, 12:45 AM

I havent done it to my Accord but have to a few other cars. Most lights are just glues together with a thick black sealant. Take out the bulbs and remove the clips, preheat oven to 200* - 225*, put lights on a cookie sheet and put in for 5 mins amd check to see if the sealent is getting soft if no put in for more and try prying the apart easily just in case they cant be seperated.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by ronjr8102
I havent done it to my Accord but have to a few other cars. Most lights are just glues together with a thick black sealant. Take out the bulbs and remove the clips, preheat oven to 200* - 225*, put lights on a cookie sheet and put in for 5 mins amd check to see if the sealent is getting soft if no put in for more and try prying the apart easily just in case they cant be seperated.
Where would you mount the LED strips, and what is the best way to wire it to run whenever the car is running? (Obviously it would be on just about whenever you turn the key to the On position I would suppose.)

Old 06-28-2011, 01:35 AM

Sorry if u misunderstood, I never mounted LEDs in the HLs just opened them and painted the non reflective parts black and removed the orange reflectors.
U could just mount them along the bottom edge of the lense if there is nothing blocking them from being seen from the outside. I think urs r just like mine and the edges are clear and can see right into them. Wiring Im no good with so I can answer that part.