Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

What are all these lights for on the projector headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Default What are all these lights for on the projector headlights?

Hey all, I've got a question about the projector headlights for the 94-97 Accord. I see five or six bulb housings. I know that the outermost lights are the white and amber corner lights, then there's the hi beams and lo beams, but what are the other two lights used for? Also, could you tell me which light is which, starting with the outermost working your way to the innermost? And also, I've seen pics with extra LEDs on them. How would I go installing them also? And one final question... do I need special bulbs or switches or anything, or will these headlights be a direct replacement? Thanks so much for your help.

Here's a pic of the headlights I snagged from eBay:

Um, one final question: Would my car look better with the black color or smoked color headlights? My car's color is maroon. Thanks!

Old 07-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Default RE: What are all these lights for on the projector headlights?

wow mine didn't have all those lights in them, it should come with it's own bulbs probably h3's thats what mine had, and it should be plug and play, black looks great on my blue car

Old 07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I had black projectors on my maroon Accord. Anyways, those are the new version of the ebay projectors. The LED's and the light closest to where the grill is are powered from an external source. So you would wire those to a 5v power supply. Your lows and highs are the middle beams, and I am guessing the housing on the right is where one of your corner bulbs goes. So it looks like you wont be using a corner socket.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:52 PM

Hey thanks 19Accord97. That helps a lot. I might order those, but I want mine to have a smoked cover. I finally made my decision. You said the two lights in the middle are for the lo and hi beams. What's the one to the right of those, the one next to the corner bulbs?

Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Your corner lights have two bulbs in them, which means there are two sockets. I am guessing one of those plug into that bulb. I think its the #164 or #194 bulb. I have no clue where the other socket would go so I am guessing you dont use it. The LED's will have to be wired in. Your welcome! And good luck finding a smoked lens cover...I dont think they make projector lens' smoked.

Old 07-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Actually dude I did find some smoke halo headlights, which I think would look awesome on the Accord, but I want your opinion:

This?

Or this?

I'll let you be the judge. Might I remind you that I want to paint my car a really glossy and shiny dark cherry red that will fade to black at the bottom. Thanks!

Old 07-05-2008, 08:33 AM

I say go with the smoke, my car is begging and crying for those as we speak.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:02 AM

i agree with slammed, go smoke!!

Old 07-05-2008, 09:02 AM

of course you could always go clear and smoke em yourself if you didn't like it, that way you have both options

Old 07-05-2008, 07:00 PM

Smoked it is! They would look better on a dark colored car anyway. The clear ones would go good on light colored cars.