Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

what are the pros and cons of getting an aftermarket hood with an air vent?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Default what are the pros and cons of getting an aftermarket hood with an air vent?

and what is the purpose of the hood pins?

Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Default RE: what are the pros and cons of getting an aftermarket hood with an air vent?

lower hood temps for the vent question (good for turbo cars) unless you are talking about cowl induction or ram air, which would feed the intake with air

hood pins are usually used for easy access to the engine at the track. Basically so you don't have to pop the hood. But i feel it's mostly a styling mod.

Old 08-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Default RE: what are the pros and cons of getting an aftermarket hood with an air vent?

what if my car doesnt have a turbo, will there be any bad results?
water getting into the engine or something?

Old 08-23-2006, 09:17 PM

Hood pins are also a good suggestion for carbon fiber hoods to hold them in place better at higher speeds as a saftey precaution. The air induction on the hood itself if it isn't going into anything (I.E. just a hole in the hood for styling basically) then the only real downside to it is if you don't put a screen on it you risk sucking leaves and crap into/onto your motor, the water shouldn't be a big issue... so a stock engine with a hood scoop hood is just for looks, no gains, no losses...

With a turbo it's going to spool off your exhaust so the chances of it sucking in water are slim to none unless you run a direct intake off the scoop then I have no idea..

Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 PM

o, cause the main reason i want to get one is because of the looks and it will help cool my engine, like my uncle's stock 4runner

Old 08-23-2006, 10:51 PM

i don't think water would be a issue, provided the vent is over electrical components or the air intake or whatever.

the motor gets a fair amount of water when driving in the rain

Old 08-23-2006, 11:38 PM

do any of you guys use vented hoods?
and has there been any problems to the engine because of the vent?