Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 07:45 PM

Princess here is a picture of an accord with a shade of blue on all windows, thay have different densities of it, I kid you not when I say it looks very very cool, most mercedes and bmws are coming with this tint. Of course its all about personal taste.
http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/qU2...8LOaw81hwfwg/l

this one has black tint in the back, blue in the front (the blue is very protective of the skin and such, which the black does too, but in NJ you can't tint black.

as per my car, I'm in the process of applying a new tint, once ready i'll post.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 PM

as per the front, if you decide not to tint but you still want a dark shade + some sun protection you can always do the rollups they sell at auto stores, they come in different sizes, some will cover the entire window, yes to some people that looks crappy, but you do what you can.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

First that is not an accord, second mercedes do not come with film tints but the glass is colored. Has nothing to do with aesthetics, I believe it's better as filtering out UV. I think those colored tints actually look really bad, and even worse from inside. Some of those tints give everything an almost green hue from inside the car.

EDIT: And no law doesn't allow black tints, maybe some kind of crazy color but not black. What is prohibitied are tints that do not let more than certain percentage of of light out. Dark tints are illegal because cops can't see into the car at night, and don't know if someone is on the other side pointing a gun at them. Not so much because of safety reasons, although you really can't see out 0% or 5% at night without some light.

Last edited by t00fatt; 08-03-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 PM

Well my friend, she's asking for opinions and so I gave her mine, remove the stick from your behind would ya?

Old 08-08-2009, 06:15 PM
skittlesandmnms
Unregistered

My new car is a coupe, and has blue tints on the back windshield, and the two doors, and the little half window thing that coupes have. The windshield is clear though, and I think it looks pretty cool.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM

There you go.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:47 PM
drocca0002
Unregistered
Default Three back windows dont look to bad.

Hey im new to this forum thing but check out my album if you can find it lol i do all my own tinting and love it. Its a ton of fun. Any ways the pics are from when i was in NH so only the back are done. They are still illegal cause it is to dark but i drove it for two years and never got pulled over for that. Also now that im in FL for college i have a NH license plate and i have all my windows and part of my windshield tinted and love it. But the back three do look fine. Also you could try pulling the out of state license plate. One of my friends in NH got his car registered in SC and doesnt even live their not exactly sure how he got it like that but has had it for 3 years and lives in NH lol he gets away with a lot! any way hope that helps you