Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

Worn interior upholstry

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Worn interior upholstry

Hello all. I just got another new (to me) Accord, a 98 EX with the leather interior. The car was incredibly well taken care of, but the front seats have the normal amount of wear and tear for a car of this age with.. ahem... 230k miles.

Does anybody actually replace the original skins on the seats or do most just go with replaceable "covers"? Haha.. I found with some pieces discontinued, and some avail. to the tune of $550 for one skin from Honda. Ouch..

I found some pretty nice looking covers but I can't see how they'd stay in place very well with leather underneath to slide them around all the time.

I'd welcome any photos, or good results you guys have found out there!

Old 08-26-2012, 09:17 AM

i had a 94 accord ex with the god awful tan interior and leather seats and let me tell u i hate leather so that was one of the first things i tried to do is get rid of that and the tan so i painted my door panels etc floor and headliner all black with white trim with some black spray paint u could do that with your seats as well it would look good but if u have any sort of rip or tear in it i wouldnt try it so what i did is i went to walmart bought fabric that i liked and tried to do it my self but i just ran into major problems and ended up doing it anyway with sewing tape which is very sturdy and will not rip but if you dont want to waste ur time with it i suggest u buy a seat cover designed to fit an accord bec the one i bought was not made for my car did not fit right and also slid and the problem with the fabric is that it took me around 8 hours to do one seat bec i didnt want to mess it up but it looks amazing if u just put some time into it