Appearance Talk about your Accord's interior and exterior mods here.

You might get a kick out of this

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Default You might get a kick out of this

Hey HAF, get this.

So my corner headlight (corner lamp) has been filled with water for at least a few years now. The water actually lit up a little bit, so it was kind of funny. My friends always joked that I should put a fish in there ^^

But anyways, the light burned out so it's time to replace the thing. I saw some ones on TAS auto parts that are very cheap.

I assume it's SUPER EASY to take it off, but it wouldn't come out after I unscrewed that one screw holding it in. It would move, but not come out. So I spent the next hour and a half trying to get this thing to come out. I had my grill completely off, and was in the process of removing the housing when my neighbor comes over. He takes one look at it, and gently sides the damn thing off.

At this point, I just start swearing. Apparently someone tried removing the corner lamp before I did, but broke it. It'll slide of fairly easily if it's sitting in there right, but the way it was, it would barely budge. I must have moved it back into position before my neighbor came over

I guess the moral of the story is: take a step back to gain some perspective. Archimedes couldn't figure out how to measure volume, until his wife told him to chill and go take a bubble bath.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: You might get a kick out of this

Ahahha. Why hasn't anyone else commented on this yet?

For future reference, those lights need to be pulled straight out of the car, towards the front. They have metals pins that go into holes in the fender....

Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 PM

It would of been funnier if the neighbor just went.. took a look at it, took it off and just walk away without saying a word. lol

Old 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM

lol

Old 11-13-2008, 02:20 AM

Heh that's practically what he did! He walked over to get his battery charger from me, and just watched what I was doing as I was explaining it. He mumbled "They usually just pop off...." grabbed a screwdriver and POP

Finch: Yeah, those little pins were broken, so the light didn't want to slide off straight....but I think they were plastic.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:46 PM
chambores
Unregistered

haha i can't lie i've had it happen to me with my old s10

Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM

chambores, the interior of your 5g is ungodly clean.... it looks like a picture from the brochure.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:28 PM

My wifes 88 CRX SI, both tailights had a inch of water in them too, as they aged they both got fine cracks in them, one started about a year bfore the other.

Looked really funny when you were behind it. Can't recall ever blowing a bulb though.

Come to think of it, I think it was not the cracks that let the water in but dry rotted seals, I think I made my own then.

What a great car though, except for the darn rattles in it.

" guess the moral of the story is: take a step back to gain some perspective. Archimedes couldn't figure out how to measure volume, until his wife told him to chill and go take a bubble bath. "

EXACTLY! On lots of occassions I walked away from a job not going as planned, calmed down, had a beer, came back and solved the problem, most of the times that is.