Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

03-07 Accords with "premium audio"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by philipaccord
i want to put my ipod in my honda accord i have a aux on the audo system but i want to know how do you take the e type unit with nav out as i can not see any screw on my honda accord 2,2 ex 56
please help ???
Huh? I'm guessing that your want to use the AUX input but you can't find an AUX plug. The button is makred AUX, but is only for the sat radio or external CD changer honda sells. Now there are aftermarket interfaces that will will plug into the HU and allow you to use an AUX input or an ipod connection. Which is the best or which one to use with navi has been answered many times, and your going to have to search for it, I would just tell you but I simply don't know.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by philipaccord
i want to put my ipod in my honda accord i have a aux on the audo system but i want to know how do you take the e type unit with nav out as i can not see any screw on my honda accord 2,2 ex 56
please help ???
There is like 3 threads that I have posted in on this topic for sure, and who knows how many other ones......

Just use the Search function.......as I recall there was thread with pictures in it.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Default Preimium Audio System wire harness PLEASE HELP

So im putting in an after market head unit in my 03 accord but apparently i have a premium audio system stock radio and it has an extra plug (wire harness) in the back

I dont know what to do with it... do i need some kind of converter?

I currently have my new headunit pluged in to just the one wire harness and everything works but the door speakers.

PLEASE HELPPPP thanks

Old 01-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

start by connecting the blue/white wire out of the new head unit into the proper place on the harness, that will turn the factory amp on.

i don't know what that extra plug is for off the top of my head. i feel like i should. how many wires are in the extra harness? which door speakers? what else works?

ideally, you'd remove and bypass the factory amp (located behind the glove box).

Last edited by keep_hope_alive; 01-11-2015 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

What trim level is your Accord (e.g., 2-door V6 with MT; etc.)? It makes a difference.

What is the color of the connector, number of wires if known?

A picture can also help.

Old 04-24-2023, 01:02 PM
Default Looking to answer some questions about my Accord coupe

I recently grabbed the 2006 Accord coupe full leather and moonroof with the "premium audio" system. It actually doesn't sound that bad but the head unit is busted and the CD player doesn't work.

So I want to replace my head unit. I know how to install the head unit, grab the wire harness crimp the wires, and all that, etc.

But what my question is - is the amplifier built into the stock head unit??? Or stuffed somewhere under a seat or something?

​​​​​​And if it is built into the head unit which I have a feeling it is, would a double DIN 100 watt X4 aftermarket Sony head unit be enough to power the speakers (seeing as though the factory stereo is supposedly 180watt ETC)...

​​​​​​ I don't want to install my nice head unit and have it not be powerful enough and have it sound worse than it does now. Because although I wouldn't consider it premium lol, it does go pretty loud, the only problem is I'm stuck only using the radio and I miss my Bluetooth.

So do you ladies and gentlemen think that a 100 w stock stereo would be enough for those speakers to sound decent?? It would only be temporarily because eventually I'm going to get probably a single 10 in or 12 in sub and replace all the speakers and probably put an amp on the speakers too. I just really want my Bluetooth NOW lol 🤣

Last edited by 2006AccordCoupeVTEC; 04-24-2023 at 01:05 PM.