Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

07 accord nav

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Default 07 accord nav

i just bought an 07 exl accord cuoupe, and i have couple of questions. first i have notice that the nav cd player does not play mp3s. is there anyway i can bypass that? i am also thinking about replacing the factory speaker with after market speaker components. will i have rewire the tweeter and do i have to insall the crossover with it. and if i install a subwoofer, is there anyway i will be able to control the sub from the nav?

Old 05-01-2010, 06:35 PM

The HU cd player will not play mp3s. You can find mp3/IPOD adapters all day long on ebay that will plug right in. As far as controlling a sub thru the HU, thats not an option. The factory system is ony 120W (premium sound is 180W) 4 channels and looking at the schematic, the tweets are connected parallel to the fronts w/o xover. So the tweets must have some bandpass control integrated into them. I dont know if the HU passes out full bandwidth signal on all channels or if its performs some crossover functions inside the unit, but there are no crossover networks in the schematics.
I hooked up an AudioControl LC6i to the factory outputs which pulls the speaker levels down to a line level and ran those outputs via line driver/eq to my amps out to speakers. I didnt use the factory tweets as I dont like their location and theres really no way to improve it. I installed mine in the upper door panels.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

factory tweeters have their own passive crossover (series capacitor) mounted on them. factory amplifier outputs are full range for all speakers except maybe a factory sub (if you have that option).

if you replace the factory speakers you will need to add an amplifier to drive them.

Pacific Accessory Corporation and USA Spec have adapters for mp3/ipod additions, factory interfaces to add amplifiers, etc.