Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

'08 Accord Audio Upgrade Suggestion

Old 02-22-2018, 07:51 PM
Senior Member Stereo Guru..Almost A Mod :)

Let me do some looking. I dont know if that power pack is bridgeable. I mean it can be physically done I dont know if it is rated for it.

If it can handle it and you arent going to run the rears it wouldnt be bad. It would be putting out 90 watts @ 4ohms to the front stage. definately get you more power.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:57 PM

I just looked and it is bridgeable. If you arent going to use the rear at all it would be fine. If you do that you need to make sure that the rear speakers arent still playing.

If you wire the harness into the car and use the RCAs it will be putting signal out on both. so if you dont unplug the rear speakers they will still play. this could cause some weird phase issues. I would unhook them.

also if you do decide to bridge it, make sure you cap off any unused wires. dont leave uncapped wires loose in your dash.

Last edited by neophyte; 02-22-2018 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 11:39 PM

Yeah that would be awesome if I could supply the Morels with 90 Watts x 2 @ 4Ω when bridged. I'll unplug the rear speakers and cap them off so they don't cause any issues.

However, I'm not exactly sure how to set it up in bridge mode. Am I plugging the RCAs into the amp differently or am I supposed to adjust the switches on the amp itself? I looked at the manual and it's not entirely clear how to place it in bridged mode. When I ctrl+F for "bridged", I only find this sentence in the manual:

"Input Configuration Switch should be in the up position for 2 CH bridged output system."

http://support.alpine-usa.com/produc...M_KTP-445U.pdf

I read a post somewhere else that Figure 9 in the manual might describe the amp setup in bridged mode for the fronts only, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Edit: Also I should be getting the Power Pack in the mail tomorrow so I can upload some pics of its connector sites if that would help as well.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:18 AM

This is your diagram right here:
(Disclaimer I have never used one of these before)
It looks like you will use youur front pre-out into the amplifier.
there appears to be a switch you need to put into two channel mode.
then you use the right rear positive and the right front negative for the right side and the front left positive and rear left negative for the left side.
and that should be it.
and cap the unused wires.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:32 AM

Ok awesome thanks for looking into that! Seems kind of strange that you would use the negatives from the rear, but I don't really understand the physics behind it.

Is wrapping electrical tape around the unused RCA wires enough to cap them?

Old 02-23-2018, 09:37 AM

use crimp caps. electrical tape can come off and short out behind the dash. even if you cut the exposed wire off and then tape it can still be a problems. crimp caps (the little white ones in the pic above) are cheap and easy. just put them on and crimp them with some wire strippers or a pair of pliers. they are $4 for 100
https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Closed-...ss!71067!US!-1

Bridging is always using two channels to create one output. it will always be one negative from one channel and a positive from another.

Last edited by neophyte; 02-23-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:42 AM

Sounds good, thank you!

Old 02-23-2018, 09:45 AM

no problem. I edited my post a bit. I dont know when you saw it. But I changed a link to an american supplier. I am assuming you are in the states or canada and not wanting to wait for something out of china.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:04 PM

Yeah that seller is perfect, I bought those connectors and they should be getting here Tuesday. I got almost everything delivered today and have just been playing around with how they're going to connect and this doesn't seem so bad thanks to your help!

This'll definitely be at least a 2 day project for me since I'm going to be spending some time trying to sound deaden the front doors. However, I don't want to be having to pull panels off more than once and was wondering if there was a recommended way to install the setup without having to repeat steps?

For example, once I replace the speakers and tweeters inside the door panel and connect them to the existing speaker wire, I won't have to open up the door panels ever again right?

Old 02-23-2018, 07:13 PM

thats the idea. but mistakes happen and you have to go back in.

best thing I can tell you is to be tedious. I would suggest taking all the panels off, do all the wiring and then testing everything. then putting the panels back. If you replace as you go I can almost guarantee that you will be pulling at least one panel off again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '08 Accord Audio Upgrade Suggestion